Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone else registered but not got windows 10 yet?
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

..or is it just me?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got it on the laptop (standard mass produced dell) but not on the desktop (mass of bits from everywhere) I’m guessing it might be doing a hardware match

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yup! I haven’t bothered yet TBH. We are running it at work and it seems ok.

DickBarton

I did a search to find where I could get it. Returned a Microsoft website that downloaded the installer. Took about an hour and has been very good since. I search for something like windows 10 installer. It was a magazine link to an article that provided the link to the Ms site. Was about 5 weeks back now and I can’t remember the site, sorry.

ampthill

This PC asked if I wanted it

I said yes

It downloaded a mountain of stuff

It went on and off for 3 hours and announced that Windows 10 had failed and it rolled back to windows 7

Cougar

Me. I can’t quite bring myself to pull the trigger on my primary machine, even though it keeps asking me to.

neilthewheel

Me. No sight nor sound of it, other than to say I have registered.

rob
    Free Member

Got it last night after registering about 3 weeks ago

andytherocketeer

not registered, and not got it.

does it actually work properly yet?

M$ are going to send all 3GB to you anyway at your expense as a normal 7/8 update.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Me. I can’t quite bring myself to pull the trigger on my primary machine, even though it keeps asking me to.

I’m going in reverse order here, last to go is the work laptop.
    Impresses so far, imagine running a new up to date OS on a 4 year old laptop and it running well – I thought for a minute this was an apple thread….

midlifecrashes

Not quite the same, but I didn’t ask for it, keep telling it I don’t want it, but it downloaded it anyway. I deleted the download and it did it again, and again. Grrrrr.

scaredypants

OP, if you’re complaining that you haven’t been offered the upgrade, see HERE

I’ve done it using the tool, and then once I was happy that it was stable I used the USB stick to do a clean installation, wiping off the old windows completely.

poah
    Free Member

put it on the boys PC, didn’t bother with mine. didn’t like it and it doesn’t have windows movie maker on it

tillydog
    Free Member

You can download the Windows 7 movie maker, and it runs fine.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/get-movie-maker-download

(Confirmed luddite here, but 10 seems OK.)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else registered but not got windows 10 yet?’ is closed to new replies.