Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Anyone else really really really not appreciate football?
  • cupid-stunt
    Free Member

I love football but dislike a lot of footballers.
    Saying that, most pro roadies seem like tosspots

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Cool-hand-luke – Member

The language is terrible from the players and fans which upsets me a bit. Myself and daughter were at a local amateur football game (we rode past on our bikes and my girl wanted to stop and watch it for a bit and it was free to go in etc) and I can only say how disgusted I was at the players bad language. FOUL.

lol how much of a girl do you sound!! How does a bit of swearing "upset" you – MTFU

M6TTF
    Free Member

No interest whatsoever, every monday morning the conversation at work is football – boring!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

No interest whatsoever, every monday morning the conversation at work is football – boring!!

So you didn't see the game last night then?

magicsick
    Free Member

watching young men running around in shorts getting sweaty and acting "macho"

no wonder its popular

D0NK

lol how much of a girl do you sound!! How does a bit of swearing "upset" you – MTFU

read the post again and have a think about it. For what is promoted to be a family sport (well fathers and sons atleast) there's some pretty bad examples of discipline and language – these well paid professionals with the eyes of most of the country on them are supposed to be setting an example after all.

Whilst I understand that people aren't interested in it, I don't understand why people go out of their way to let people know they don't like football

posting about it on a bike forum is hadly going out of my way and while I see your point I also have to put up with all sorts of football info getting shoved in my face.
    Why do guys like you and I know who Vanessa Perroncel is? Is this essential to our survival in the hunter-gatherer sense?
    No
    We are consumers of football
    We are by-products of a national obsession.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if you swear then stop wingeing, if you are a nun or vicar fair play and i stand corrected!!

woodsman
    Free Member

I've not read any of the posts, but I do not like football in any way shape or form! I didn't know it was the world cup this year untill I heard it on the radio this week – it comes around bloody quick!

And I'm straight, just thought I'd add that 😯

🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

–And seeing people shouting at a screen in a pub is weird.

Hmm
    Emotionally repressed?

I kind of agree with the original person, I just don't get the shouting a the screen thing. It makes no difference, why do it? Not emotionally repressed, I'm capable of all emotions, just not directed at an inanimate object. It's called logic I think. Still, each to their own, but it does wreck a nice evening in the pub with mates.

The mitchell and webb sketch is very accurate.

It applies to all sports though, why sit and watch it and comment about how good people are, get out there and do it yourself instead of watching, and talk about your own matches. I can actually listen to mates discussing their own matches, that's fun, but not discussing some random TV scenes.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It gives me something to do on a lazy afternoon,

lazy afternoon ? Time to ride surely ?

and something to talk about in the pub.

had I nothing to talk about I'd shut up. I suppose. I'll let you know if it ever happens.

McQ
    Free Member

Thank god I'm not the only one.

+1 for the Mitchell & Webb sketch.

Personally I think football takes up too much TV time surely other sports should be getting some screen time?

Most of the time people (men) don't believe me when I say I don't watch it, I generally get called gay, which results in the following response 'Hang on, I'm gay because I don't like watching 22 men run around in shorts, yeahhh OK then!'

racing_ralph
    Free Member

simon – some people have more interests than bikes and one handed computer use, struggling to comprehend that?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

simon – some people have more interests than bikes and one handed computer use, struggling to comprehend that?

this thread isn't about what other people like

PS I'm also not interested in bikes, only riding them

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

ralph,

How do you think the use of "MTFU" makes you sound? Cultured, thoughtful, original, reasonable, open, grown-up?

andrewy

I don't like football either. When someone at work asked "who do you support" ( not which football team). I said Mapei Quickstep. The look of incomprehension as he tried to work his way through all the european football teams was a picture. 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Cultured, thoughtful, original, reasonable, open, grown-up?

to be fair I consider myself to be all of those but I still enjoy swearing :o)

rOcKeTdOg

Mapei Quickstep

was that 10 years ago?

andrewy

I'm afraid it probably was 😕

Dancake
    Free Member

It gives me something to do on a lazy afternoon

wow I remember those.. (before the little dude came along) damn sure I wouldnt waste one of those now watching football

juan
    Free Member

Because he used to make this thread worth a read

wundred…

juiced
    Free Member

I have very little / no football knowledge.

scraprider
    Free Member

football is crap

singletrackhor
    Free Member

football = sport = mtb

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I absolutely can't be arsed with it, which is a shame cos at work the vast majority of the lads are right into it which quite often leaves me out of the conversation. Believe me I've tried to watch it & learn so at least I know what the lads are on about but I usually fall asleep.
    International ice hockey for me, NHL in particular & can't wait for tonights final with USA & Canadia! When you've watched a bit of decent standard hockey you realise the commitment made by the players, ok the top boys are on daft money but just watch the final stages of the Stanley Cup series & you'll see what I mean.

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else really really really not appreciate football?’ is closed to new replies.