Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • anyone else play the-'is it a police car or is it a highway agency patrol' game!
  • bobbyspangles

shall i slow down or shall i not!

i swear they think its a cost cutting exercise and we all fall for it!

Drac

No, I don't slow down.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

You can spot them a mile off. Never seen a copper in a toyota 4X4. Feel free to waz past.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stupidly expensive 4×4 = Traffic womble – Speed on by

Sensible, fast estate car = Police. Maybe drop 5mph and then speed on by!

druidh
    Free Member

I don't think the presence of either type of vehicle has an effect on the speed limit.

ibis
    Free Member

thegreatape
    Free Member

And the light bars on top are orange not blue.

dr_death
    Free Member

So if its not any of us lot slowing down who the **** is it that gets in my way all the bleeding time coz they seem to think these guys have some sort of 'powers'??

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Why would you need to slow down if you traveling at 70?

uplink
    Free Member

Why would you need to slow down if you traveling at 70?

coz it's a 50 limit?

just a thought 😉

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Don't the 'wombles' only do motorways though?

uplink
    Free Member

plenty of 50 limits on the motorways

will
    Free Member

can spot these… But i do play, is it an unmarked plod car, slow down, gage age/make/drivers then speed or slow down. The dark makes this game harder though…

nickc

Cops? In Cars? On the Motorway network?

Don't believe you, haven't seen one of those in yonks….

simonjf63
    Free Member

[nickc – Member

Don't believe you, haven't seen one of those in yonks..]

Ah they're still around. There's an unmarked volvo that regularly pulls people over on the M61

Gary_C

There's an unmarked volvo that regularly pulls people over on the M61

Reg no? Full description? Just so's we can keep an eye out,like…
    🙂

crazy-legs

I get round this by actually driving at the speed limit as posted on that section of motorway and not driving like a ****t.

It's always worked so far…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Aren't they all in black and yellow rather than blue and yellow though? You can spot that miles off…as well as the lack of the word "POLICE" in big letters across the back bumper 🙄

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

layout of cones in the back is a dead give away

2 rows of 2 stacks of cones with signs in between

they took the big lettering off the back to make them less distinguishable form cop cars, now they just say 'traffic officer' on the back.

not that i often go above 70 on the motorway.

un-marked cars are nearly always 2 up, doing about 65. M6/toll/M69/M42 have a couple of grey 5 series beamers, a sporty Ford Focus of some kind and a Golf (possibly an R32)

Always a grey 5 series on the M6 Toll, i always have a wee chortle when you see them pull some twit in a flash car who thinks that the first 2 miles after the toll booths are an extension of rockingham drag circuit

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member
    I get round this by actually driving at the speed limit as posted on that section of motorway and not driving like a ****t.

So, would I be a tw@ for driving at around 75 or 80 on a clear day with little or no traffic on the motorway?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I usually sail past anything with stripes and have yet to be pulled (touch wood) as I rarely do an excessive/dangerous speed these days. That said, back when I was tempted by the right foot and the sound of a turbine more easily I sailed past traffic cops at 85-90 fairly often and never once got pulled.

mboy
    Free Member

Don't believe you, haven't seen one of those in yonks….

In Worcs/Glos there's a few of em still… They've all got new Beemer 330D's or 530D's… Either way, they bloody shift, so don't be a silly boy now! 🙄

Don't the 'wombles' only do motorways though?

I thought they only did Wimbledon myself! 😉

Kato

The batterburg on the sides and the stripes on the back are different, grey and yellow rather than blue and yellow. Can't really tell the difference when you're a distance away, but it soon becomes pretty obvious

Pembo
    Free Member

Always a grey 5 series on the M6 Toll, i always have a wee chortle when you see them pull some twit in a flash car who thinks that the first 2 miles after the toll booths are an extension of rockingham drag circuit

lol. I do the M6 toll once a week and it's like shooting fish in a barrel for the unmarked police cars. They also camp out with a camera on the bridge going to Norton Caines services.

crazy-legs

So, would I be a tw@ for driving at around 75 or 80 on a clear day with little or no traffic on the motorway?

Is that you driving or your chauffeur? 😉

No, by driving like a ****t, I meant the people who cut across three lanes of traffic at the last possible second to make their junction, the ones who undertake then pull out just to make their point, the idiots sitting there at 65mph in the middle lane.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘anyone else play the-'is it a police car or is it a highway agency patrol' game!’ is closed to new replies.