Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anyone else on Santa duty?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes yes I know the kids are 12 and 15 bit they’ve both still bunged a stocking on their door and will want it to be filled with goodies.
    Had a shower got a few last bits to wrap and then lay out by the tree. They’ve clearly sussed Santa tho over the years as it’s now a beer that’s left out. Hanging on to the magic!!!

wiggles
    Free Member

I`m 8 years older than my brother so when he was 2/3 when he started to get all excited about santa I was just getting too old for it all but went along with it to not spoil the magic for him.

My parents didnt ask me until a few years later if I knew he wasnt real 😆

jonnyboi

Sitting here looking at the mince pie, carrot and half pint of brandy my kids have left for Santa…

sockpuppet

Just came face to face with an awake five year old: disasters averted.

I think.

firestarter
    Free Member

Yup waiting for the little voices and movement to settle down

jag61

will be doing stockings for 16 and 22 Yys later cant find any coal for 16yo though any alternative?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Santa’s just finished off the Glenfiddich, and a bag of pistachios.

wiggles
    Free Member

16yo though any alternative?

got any diamonds lying around?

csb

Carrot on patio chomped convincingly, mince pie on fireplace eaten, ribena that my 5 and 3 year old decided was what he’d want drunk.

wiggles
    Free Member

hes had his milk and some peanut cookies here

edhornby

Sorted, mince pie eaten and whisky cleared, carrot back in the fridge 🙂 just resettling a 4yo.

transporter13
    Free Member

Weve had to leave out a variety of soft drinks and milk as well as various pies from mr kipling as our youngest 2 (7+4) wanted to make sure santa was catered for 😯
    Carrots have been left for rudolph also.

Been a while since Ive had milk before bed 8)

spacemonkey

Mince pie and carrot consumed. No whisky in the house so it’ll be a G&T (this is Surrey after all). Will be my fourth double of the evening as the missus and MIL have &@(“ed me off big time.

Stocking will be deployed in a couple of hours.

MrPottatoHead

Obscene amount of presents now round tree and very full stocking hanging precariously on his door. Hopefully I wore him out enough today to make it till at least 6am but not overly optimistic!

infidel
    Free Member

My kids are 7 and nearly 5. They thought Santa would like homemade food and drink they chose Christmas cake and beer…..

…. Just opened the homebrew beer we’d laid out for the big man… I must have put too much sugar in it. Just spent half a rushed hour cleaning weissbier off the ceiling!!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just done the stockings however…. Mrs ws had left the contents to fill said stockings in two carrier bags in our bedroom. Mrs ws is now awake as there is no way of removing 348 individually wrapped presents from carrier bags in any manner of quietness. Santa is in the shit as Mrs ws was tired before bed and will now be tired even more. Rudolphs carrot will be getting zero nibbles now!!! 😆
    Night folks, Have a good one and long may the magic continue for you all 🙂

Yak

Job jobbed. I love this, but know that they won’t believe for too much longer. Night all.

fossy

My two are a bit old now. I’m first up, but back pain and my son’s bloods going rather low mean I’m up (Type 1 – just had an alarm go off from a sensor) – dextrose didn’t bring his bloods in range so just made him drink a small glass of pepsi. He’s 17, and wasn’t very responsive. Just taken 45 minutes to get his bloods in range !

ferrals
    Free Member

Our local was heaving yesterday and lots of over excited kids whizzing around, felt sorry for the parents as the bar staff were handing out vast quantities of free chocolate to them at about 6.30pm, couldn’t see much sleeping after that!
    Ours is almost one so has a stocking but it only has a new pair of socks in, and was put out about 9pm.

I do remember being an age where plausibly I could have still believed and being asked to be Santa for my other younger cousins as my parents/aunts were a bit too tipsy!

kayak23

jag61 – Member
    will be doing stockings for 16 and 22 Yys later cant find any coal for 16yo though any alternative?

Nine bar?
    😉

darrell
    Free Member

glass of water and a ginger biscuit

Santa is a bit puritan in Norway

a11y

Kids 2 and 5 here, Santa duty successful: beer and homemade tablet (made by Santa…). Both high as kites this morning, brilliant fun!

Merry Christmas STWers.

ahsat

So role reversal here…I’ve left out a stocking (well two old walking socks!) with a few small things for my 60 year old parents! My brother cant be here this year, due to working for the BBC, and my Mum has really struggled with empty nest feelings, so we’d tried to make it a bit different and make them laugh! Only problem is, they are still asleep, and I’m wide awake and I was hoping they’d get up and find it first!

p20 also is working so left him a Santa survival pack of super strong coffee.

So even like for all of you with little kids, I was trying to get three grown adults to go to bed last night so I could put all the bits out 🙄

rmacattack
    Free Member

Bastid kitchen with 100 pieces that you would need a joiner to assemble

martinhutch

Bastid kitchen with 100 pieces that you would need a joiner to assemble

The magic of Christmas, right there. You’ll build better with a beer. 😀

I made sure I’d only need the regulation Philips screwdriver and huge pack of AA batteries.

ust done the stockings however…. Mrs ws had left the contents to fill said stockings in two carrier bags in our bedroom. Mrs ws is now awake as there is no way of removing 348 individually wrapped presents from carrier bags in any manner of quietness.

Rookie error. Next christmas, buy 2 identical stockings for each kid, leave one out, fill the other in advance and just do a quick swap out at the key moment.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Yep, we did the swap out. Worked a treat. Been doing this for 22 years and the youngest is just 2, and still enjoy it! I do like a carrot and FC has a taste for single malt round here, which helps. And, he brought what they wanted – amazing.

Kryton57

Sitting here looking at the mince pie, carrot and half pint of brandy my kids have left for Santa…

I had a bit too much to drink last night before Mrs K reminded me of my duty. Felt a bit green around the gills chomping on a mince pie and a carrot at 1am.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else on Santa duty?’ is closed to new replies.