Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone else off to see see Tour of Flanders this w'end?
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Apart from catching the race action on Sunday, what are the must see things to catch in Ghent on the Saturday?

tthew

Yep.

I was just e-mailed this link of ‘must see things’ in Ghent, (possibly NSFW) Suspect it may not be entirely your kind of thing judging by your user name.

Ah, link didn’t work properly. It’s a streeview shot of a woman walking away from the camera, who appears to be rather starkers from the waist down.

Spud

Yep, riding the sportive on the Saturday and watching the race Sunday. Actually I need tips on the best way to get from Ghent to the good viewing spots. Buses, trams? Is it possible to get anywhere near the Paterberg etc or are they all corporate hospitality?

gary

You can get in and around most climbs, some are obviously busier than others. There are pockets of hospitality tents but they certainly don’t dominate.

The last couple of times I have been we went up to Oude Kwaremont. Big screen in the square, beer and good, and a good old scrum to see everyone come by.

We drove as we were on the way home straight from there but I believe there are shuttles laid on from Oudenaarde.

tthew

I believe there are shuttles laid on from Oudenaarde.

That’s what we’re doing apparently, (I’m not the organiser) And getting the train from Ghent to Oudenaarde.

Spud

Fab, we’re staying in Ghent to tram/ train and shuttle it is.

oldgit
    Free Member

You’ll have a great time, its buzzing already. Went last weekend for the racing Friday and Sunday and the sportive Saturday. Had a bit of a party with the Gent based club I ride with and didn’t want to come home.
    Great bar on the river serving 10 euro gins, I’ll get the name.
    Envious

ourmaninthenorth

Also v envious, though some time (5 years) since I last went. The final laps have been introduced since then.

We used to go to Geraardsbergen and enjoy the Muur by the chapel and then leg it down the hill to get the finish on the big screen.

If you’re not riding the sportive, you should. It’s a great laugh.

Gent (no “h” please) is a beautiful city. You’re bound to find plenty of decent places to go.

Enjoy!

budgierider67

I thoroughly recommend the ‘t Galgenhuisje in the Groentenmarkt.
    A tiny bar with a great atmosphere.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else off to see see Tour of Flanders this w'end?’ is closed to new replies.