Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Anyone else not riding today?
  • lyons
    Free Member

Its a lovely warm and sunny day, and i dont think i will be able to ride! Got to go to town to buy my dad a b'day present, then go for lunch with the family, and by the time that is inished it will probably be too late 🙁

I WANT TO RIDE MY BIKE!

Jamie
    Free Member

I am just off out. If its any consolation its going to be a 30 mile XC slog as i live in the flatlands and ride a dialled alpine. Still spinning pedals in the sunshine tho 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

No riding for me today either 😥 Have to paint the floor in my new industrial unit 50 m2 with nasty paint. So your day sounds ok. May go on the turbo later though.

ton

me, but riding a 100k audax in the morrow……… 8)

roadriding is awesome……….. 😉

lyons
    Free Member

I may try to go earl, I'll make an excuse to leave so i can go and spend half an hour on my bmx… But I want to go on an epic xc ride….

oldgit
    Free Member

Me neither lyons.
    Found some more fantastic trails at Woburn BTW.
    Might even leave the crosser at home Sunday and go for a ride/play on the mountainbike.

ton, where are you riding? I'd make sure you've got your vest on as it's proper bloody freezing on the road right now.

weaklemondrink
    Free Member

I should be trying to write a grant proposal for monitoring pest insects on organic farms… currently struggling to muster any enthusiasm to slog through the literature.

I'm thinking a quick local blast might be in order. It does look nice out.

yunki
    Free Member

yerp… epic cx/adventure ride tonight… under cover of darkness.. incorporating traversing dodgy marshland and a river crossing..

lyons
    Free Member

Oldgit, I went back there a couple of week ends ago, with scott, and had a little pootle with Jedi and a few others. There's some really fun stuff. I cant wait to explore it further. I'm not going to make it this weekend though. We shoulg go for another ride sometime though…

ton

ton, where are you riding? I'd make sure you've got your vest on as it's proper bloody freezing on the road right now.

from thorne nr doncaster.
    goodbye xmas pudding ride, it is usually the 1st weekend in january.
    it was put back cos of the snow.
    should be a good turnout tomorrow.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep ideal, just a tad cold. Actually resorted back to stuffing newspaper up the front of my jersey. still works a treat.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I've got to go to the Laundrette, which is karma for spending the 'washing machine' money on a bike frame. 🙄

Might get an hour in later on the road or just run some errands on my single speed.

epicsteve
    Free Member

No way I wasn't going to squeeze a ride in this morning, given this is what it was like:

valleydaddy
    Free Member

out tomorrow to do Skyline if snow doesn't reapppear tonight.

Wish I had done the Gap ride today though will be awesome up there today

langy
    Free Member

Not today; total fire ban day so all forestry and other reserves closed down here. Been a few d*ckheads commiting arson lately too, so can't even be sneaky and ride at night.

Still, tomorrow is looking good so not an issue…

vinnyeh

no, but a goodly road ride tomorrow. Might use the cross wheelset on the bike, take a few detours, especially if the weather deteriorates, as is forecast.

bigyinn
    Free Member

No riding for me this weekend. Got a cold and a new job opportunity to explore. Currently drying clothes in the launderette, then over to parents in law to move some furniture, then off to my mums to sort out the ram in her pc, oh and about 5 dsl routers to configure and test AND im on call for work this weekend! Busy busy.

Picto
    Free Member

Other half on a course all day so looking after the kids. Cannot persuade them of the need to get dressed so virtual cycling for me to day on'tinterweb.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Out for a bit early this morning but "have" to stay in for the rest of the day to allow contractors access to the house in order to replace gas supply pipes.

zaskar
    Free Member

Dam report to hand in. 😡

Cubed
    Free Member

Stuck at home recovering from an arm operation – feel fine – but been told no mountain biking for a month, nor road biking for a month and if i want to use the turbo 10 minutes max at a time. I hate my physio!!!
    Raging sunshine outside – it's killing me not going for a ride – let me out – i want to ride!!!!

akira

Boys first birthday party so no riding for me today, out tomorrow though over Peaslake way.

samuri
    Free Member

I was going to but then my computer broke so I've got to get that fixed now. Just waiting for scan to have the bits ready for me. By the time I've finished it'll be too later I think. Still, got in an excellent ride in the snow yesterday and I'll be out early tomorrow morning for more of the same followed by a session at the track in the afternoon so musn't grumble.

Special_ized_Jamie

yeah, but I'm off to the Forest of Dean tomorrow for a blast around!

lyons
    Free Member

OOOH, OOOH! I got away early and am about to go and have my first dirt jump session on my bmx! Cant wait!

Hadge
    Free Member

Just finished building my new 5 Spot up so had no chance to get out. Can't tomorrow due to family commitments as well grrrrrrrr. Looks like an early finish one day this week then 😀 and pictures to follow 😀

fontmoss
    Free Member

not been riding this year 🙁 got a lovely new (to me) bike crying out to be ridden

stuck inside today studying away

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'm not.. Just had my toenails removed, and my god dies my foot wreck…

Can't fit it in any type of trainer/ shoe..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Whilst out getting my rear wheel re trued and new spokes, Been out for lunch with my youngest son & shopping for dinner tonight, doubt I will get a chance to go tomorrow due to family plans. Willl research my new tubless wheelset instead.

teagirl
    Free Member

No riding for me today 🙁 but I did ride yesterday and will be tomorrow 🙂

Philby

Got a stinking cold and a load of work to do so looks like waiting till next weekend.

knottie8
    Free Member

I just got out of hospital after a hand op and being told no riding for three weeks ! I could cry .

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Was paintballing instead today. Still mucking around in a forest all the same, though!

Jamie
    Free Member

But I want to go on an epic xc ride….

I just got back from 43miles of XC fun. Feet are frozen but it was a nice day out.

Obligatory bike leaning on post:

andywarner
    Free Member

no riding for me today – fish and chips at whitby with the wife and daughter followed by beer, white wine and homemade deep fried chilli snacks for tea. Absolutely gorgeous at the coast today. But a good big ride round Dalby early doors manana.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Marwell Zoo today with the family. Riding tomorrow. Hope the weather holds!

sambob
    Free Member

not for me, im in weymouth at the moment and i had to talk to my employer for work experience, starting monday! might go out early tomorrow on my uncles bike, i wasnt allowed to bring mine down 🙁

elaineanne
    Free Member

ive been cleaning and polishing my bike for 2 hours getting the gibson forest crap off it…sooooo muddy….

duir
    Free Member

No riding here. Had to fly an airliner from Edinburgh to Brussels back to Edinburgh then down to Zurich then back to Edinburgh.

What was really sickening is our route takes us out over the Pentland Hills, Peebles, Cheviot, North Yorkshire and all the time the Lakes and the Pennines were in view to the west. I was sat there on my arse at 37000ft, drinking tea and reading the paper when all my friends with proper (mon-fri) jobs would be out biking. Then to make matters worse we went down into the Alps. Working on sunny days sucks!!!

robgarrioch

Fore-went cycling today to attempt some 'urban regeneration'… Turned a wee corner outside the flat from this –

To this –

1st time I've planted anything for 'pleasure', + it's a bit of a memorial for something. Hopeful it'll survive. Social ride with the Bike Chain tomorrow instead..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else not riding today?’ is closed to new replies.