Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone else not got their 'winter head' on yet?
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Did my usual local hack this morning. As I looked out of the window before setting off I ignored the few specks on rain on the ground and focussed on a momentary shaft of sunlight instead.

“Don’t think I’ll need the waterproof shorts” I thought to myself. Mistake!

At least when it came to the actual riding in the rain and mud I felt pretty good – everything a bit wider and bit lower and a more open mind about letting the bike ‘go’ a bit meant the ride was very enjoyable – even if 90% of it was with a wet arse.

Note to self – it’s Britain – don the waterproofs.

garage-dweller

I had the opposite on Tuesday night got correctly geared up for warm and dry and then couldn’t get my mind and legs around the slimy surface and road like an uncoordinated lump of lead. Still after 2months off the bike I was still smiling more riding like a plank than I have been during my time off the bike.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Went out earlier, Baselayer short sleeve top and windproof Jacket.Was ok for 1st 4 miles,next 12 it poured down with rain and hail,wasnt to bad though.Luckily windproof is water repellant.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Snotty nose again.

stumpyjon

Been sorting the garden lights, as it was sleeting, lovely. Didn’t wear enough on a lap around Gisburn during the week, got the waterproof thing right, just not the four degrees thing.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’ve got my winter head on.
    I have a cold.
    Sorry, I have man flu.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Merino base layer, LS HH base layer, berghaus tee and fleece and I was still freezing.
    Winter can frankly do one!

Lovely sun in the afternoon though… Still freezing

jonk

At the moment im feeling gutted that we are now going into winter after a brilliant summer, riding all over the country and in europe.

andyfb78
    Free Member

literally just got back having not dressed warm enough…
    ok ok i accept that it is now winter

legolam
    Free Member

I can’t feel my toes – I’ve had to do an emergency cake and coffee stop on the way home to warm up.

sambob
    Free Member

I got my winter head on the last day in August in the Alps, due to a blizzard we weren’t really expecting, and it was chuffing horrible, I’ve not been for a proper ride since. I think I need need to stop being lazy, and get some proper socks.

footflaps

I spend all day breaking up concrete overspill in the garden, felt very warm, but then that’s hard labour for you…..

D0NK

Been wearing warm clothes for weeks, if not months, with all the crap weather we’ve had. Not got into winter mince mode yet, last couple of rides been going pretty quick skimming over the mud barely in control, a crash should put paid to that, (hopefully not a painful one) then I’ll be on a go slow until spring.

matt_outandabout

meh, I was gritting the road and drive to work, clearing an inch of snow off minibuses and trying to encourage a group that they *did* want to go on a wee hillwalk in horizontal snow/rain this morning…
    Yeah, I have my winter head on…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else not got their 'winter head' on yet?’ is closed to new replies.