Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Anyone else never drink alcohol ?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Yes people do seem to have n issue with the fact I dont drink, almost everyone I tell says oh really, what never. THen they go on to question why I dont and tell me why Im wrong!

Yeah I used to get that, then I got the self loathers who go on about how wonderful I must be and how terrible they are for getting drunk over and over again, then they get all depressed.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’m going to by dry for 3 months starting tomorrow. Will be interesting to see whether I miss booze.

I rarely have more than a couple (you’ll rarely see me even close to drunk), but I absolutely love good wine, whisky and beer.

It’s got less to do with alcohol for me, it just happens to be in drinks that i really appreciate 🙂 I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell me that the only reason I like a large glass of pomerol is because i’m dependant on the alcohol content!

mol, i seem to remember thinking this last time we had this discussion, but you’re definitely the only (non-muslim) person I know who has never drank alcohol. I am scottish though 🙂

skink2020

I drink alcohol regularly. I don’t ever have more than 3 or 4 pints at a time because i have astonishingly bad hangovers.
    Still totally love a beer with my friends. There are few things better.

molgrips
    Free Member

mol, i seem to remember thinking this last time we had this discussion, but you’re definitely the only (non-muslim) person I know who has never drank alcohol. I am scottish though

😆

Yeah most non drinkers can drink, but just hardly ever. My mother in law is one of those people who has half a glass of wine about twice a year and gets really pissed.

I keep trying to tell the forum I’m special, but they don’t believe me.

vixalot
    Free Member

I never got into drinking, it always tasted nasty, even in food I just can’t eat it, I think the bad reactions ( very sick/ bad head ) to the alcohol put me off for life, Jan 2002 was the last time I slipped up and didnt get my own drink, I wanted a lemonade some chump got me a lemonade with wine I only had a few sips it had me chucking up for Great Britain and a very bad head the next day

greggparker9
    Free Member

Haven’t drunk for several years now. It’s amusing the way it really polarises opinions amongst other people. Most people I meet are way more concerned about it than I am! Feel way better for it and don’t miss it either.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Last alcohol I had was christmas 2011 , i am just not bothered , when younger I was a party party type of Guy always in clubs and pubs but now it doesn’t interest me
    I can make a fool of myself without being pithed

MrSmith
    Free Member

surely you are not a real man if you don’t drink to excess?

bradley
    Free Member

Well I’m only 19 and tend to drink maybe 2/3 a week. I might have a can of stella 4% (hate normal stella…) whilst cooking dinner one evening, will put 2 bottles of Hooky Gold away tonight whilst watching MotoGP.

seadog101

I drink alcohol regularly. I don’t ever have more than 3 or 4 pints at a time because i have astonishingly bad hangovers.

I’m glad I’m not the only one.

When I was younger drinking was done too much too often. Hence a few unpleasant incidents. The worst of which was waking up in hospital after being helped (into the path of a speeding car) by 4 chaps in Amsterdam who also relieved me of my wallet when lying helpless in the road. And, at a later date a rather embarrassing Court Martial.

Now it just seems like an expensive way of getting to feel really ill. I do still enjoy a drink, but for that reason only, it’s a nice bottle/glass of whatever.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I never did alot of drinking in my younger days 18 to 25 & only really went for it when my first marriage broke up in my late twenties.

I found that I had a very low tolerance to alcohol & would get legless after a few pints. I then got into MTBing & I realised that getting rat@rsed the night before meant I spent valuable riding time feeling like shite & not riding 😥

I then reduced my intake to the extent that I rarely drank & I haven’t had a drop since 2008, plus I haven’t missed any rides due to a hangover.

At first the main problem I had was with my friends still buying me beer when I wanted a soft drink, eventually they came to accept that I wasn’t drinking anymore & now its not an issue.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Used to binge drink every weekend from 15 till I was 22, They I ended up with kidney problems due to dehydration and the diuretic effects of booze. So it got knocked on the head till about 25 year old and since then (now 27) its maybe one or two pints when we go for a meal and nothing more.

Makes me feel like crap anymore than two.

Duggan

31 here, used to drink an awful lot but it’s much less now mainly just because I have fallen out of the habit after getting interested in running and mountain biking. Still drink about once a week though.

I often think now about knocking it on the head completely and would really like to, but as had already been pointed out so much of the social scene in this country revolves around drinking. I’d definitely end up seeing a lot less of some of my friends and I don’t want to lose touch with them. Plus my girlfriend still likes to drink and almost always has tickets for us for various gigs, festivals etc.

Might give up for a short time and see how it is, though.

timber

Due to a lack of ill effects (hangover, loss of functions) I never thought that I drank that much until it all got tallied up at uni’ whilst registering with a doctor to get an x-ray referral. I had over 100 units/week before I found out that 1 drink doesn’t equal 1 unit.
    All or nothing, stopped entirely, realised drunks are utter arses and I didn’t want to be one, had a lot more money to spend on fun stuff and the girls I woke up next to looked as good as they did the night before. So haven’t bothered since.
    Lot of resistance and non-belief from friends at first, but is just how it is now. Probably helped that I have other friends that don’t drink due to allergies or sport commitments and also spending time at uni’ with the European students with more relaxed drinking attitudes.
    For a while I thought I might drink again, but I can’t see any appeal, same as I can’t see why I’d want to shave my legs.

coogan
    Free Member

Pint anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else never drink alcohol ?’ is closed to new replies.