Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Anyone else love riding in torrential rain?
  • binners

Only when its warm, in’t summer, of course.

The skies gone black, and its absolutely bucketing down. Its looking like we might have some thunder and lightning thrown in too. Its still warm though. I’ve got 15 miles to ride home, and no waterproofs

I’m actually really looking forward to it 😀

Drac

Rain?

Jamie
    Free Member

Weirdo.

johnellison
    Free Member

No. Weirdo… 😯

ton

yes. i rode in shorts and teeshirt yesterday in a downpour, was ace.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, great fun 🙂

Blue skies and wall to wall sunshine darn sarf though 😀

Houns

Outside of Manchester we have this thing called “Sun”. We like riding in that

butcher

I love heavy rain. As long as you have somewhere to go and get dry afterwards.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I got soaked in the first 30 minutes of my commute yesterday then rode in damp clothing for another 45 minutes when the rain stopped. It was rather refreshing.

Drac

To answer your question, yes it can be fun when it’s been a hot day your out on a ride and there’s a cloud burst. The warm rain falling on you and then the steam afterwards when it stops, coming off the trails and yourself.

clubber
    Free Member

I do. Not on the way out of the door but once I’m out there. I even quite like it when it’s cold and wet…

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yes I love it but not the chafing!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Yup, there’s a point – somewhere around the time the rain, mucus and sweat combine to make a sort of perpetually refreshed isotonic drink – where it switches from being a chore to a pleasure.

christhetall
    Free Member

Had great fun in the Sheffield floods a few years back

vertebratetom

Yes. I had an hour round Wharncliffe last night – shorts and t-shirt, soaked to the bone in seconds, massive grin the whole way… Made my day.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Enjoy riding in torrential rain?
    Not on the road because it make drivers drive as if they need to get to shelter.
    Not if I don’t have a spare set of clothes, or have to be presentable wherever I’m going.
    Otherwise, yeah.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some of us still turn up in the rain in winter and dont piss off to the pub ..no tthat I am still cross about it or anything

Riding in rain right know for a short period would be nicer than the riding in 30 + heat

ononeorange

Mudmudmudmudmudmudmudmud – it will outstay its welcome……

GrahamS

Drac – Moderator

Rain?

You spoke too soon Drac – thunderstorm and torrential rain in Gateshead now. 🙁

matt_outandabout

Had great fun in the Sheffield floods a few years back

Me too. Ecclesall woods to Norfolk Park via city centre and canal head. Ace.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I love it, summer or winter. Gives you a really fresh feeling after a ride I heavy rain.

fazzini

+1 for wordnumb

On the way home from work is fine; but on the way to work not so fine….nothing worse than having to re-attire oneself in damp clothing…..(nowhere to dry stuff at work) 🙂

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I’ve obviously been sweating too much in the heat of late. The torrential rain this morning washed buckets of rancid sweat from the pads in my helmet into my mouth. Tasted foul.

Fun other than that though…

senorj

Only when the temperature is above 20 degrees.
    I was caught in a mahoosive thunder storm in Epping yesterday.top fun.
    It kindly stopped and the sun came out at karls tea hut. 😀

binners

That was bloody perfect! It lashed down all the way up the big climb, then when I got to the top, the sun came out, for a rather pleasant downhill home. 😀

JY – there’s rain, then there’s RAIN!!!!!. You is just, like, proper hardcore! 😉

badllama
    Free Member

Having spent many a time communting in the stuff over the past 2 summers and in a forma life working in the stuff day in day out, week in week out in some cases! I have to say

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

You weirdo!:D

Now going out into the woods after the rain now that is very special indeed especially when the sun breaks through 🙂

I love this video with that in mind

Freeride Forest

crankbreaker

Love it! Had possibly my best day of riding in Les Gets a couple of years ago in a proper Alpine shower. My mate and I were about the only 2 people going up the gondola with the lifty just laughing at our mud-clad bikes and bodies!

mps711
    Free Member

Got caught in a downpour towards the end of a ride on Tuesday, it certainly was refreshing, the only problem was that wearing glasses I could not see where I was going.

Duggan

Love running in the rain, find riding in the rain tedious though

ashfanman
    Free Member

The torrential rain this morning washed buckets of rancid sweat from the pads in my helmet into my mouth. Tasted foul.

This.

Was out in the thunder storm the other day, and quite enjoying myself, until the rain started soaking up the sweat from my helmet and running into my mouth. Salty and really quite unpleasant.

But, in principle: Yes, I enjoy riding in the (warm) rain. 🙂

mcnultycop

It was nice to get rained on in just the shorts and baggies before. I did about an hour in the dry then 40 minutes in the rain and the last bit in the rain was just a relief after the past 3 weeks or so.

Tom-B
    Free Member

No. It’s shit!!! Riding dry dusty trails in the sunshine is something that I often day dream about. Riding in the rain is the activity that I do during the winter that makes me question why I spend so much money on bikes!

antigee

Duggan – Member

Love running in the rain, find riding in the rain tedious though

if its already raining then I’d pick running – if it rains when i’m already out I quite enjoy it – refreshing as said above unless its an all day ride and get too cold

farm-boy

I do, but I live in W Australia and it rarely rains, is always warm and riding in the rain reminds me of home.

Did a great night ride on Tuesday. Sideways rain drops lashing off of my eye balls as I flew down a fire road with zero visibility.

Back to dry and dusty next week. Again.

tomhoward

First, talk of summer tyres now this? Binners, are you trying to ruin it for the rest of us!?!?

Now, to the corner with you, have a think about what you’ve done, then have a stern word with yourself.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like I will have much choice this morning, it’s very damp in Northampton.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve woken up to a damp patch.

Been quite some time since waking up to a damp patch it has.

😉

Cheezpleez

I was out on my own a year to two back, feeling a bit down and not really enjoying the ride. Then the heavens opened and I was instantly saturated and the trails were running rivers.. All of a sudden the ride became an event and an adventure. It lifted my spirits no end and I stayed out playing till I started shivering. Unforgettable.

imnotverygood

I don’t mind it once in a while, but do it often & it pays havoc in terms of bike maintenance.

GrahamS

An unidentified squeak has plagued my bike for weeks. Possibly pedal, cleat, crank or bottom bracket.

Riding home yesterday in the thunderstorm I went through my normal underpass and.. err.. badly misjudged how deep the flooding was 😕

And now the squeak has gone!

Proof that riding in the rain is a good thing. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else love riding in torrential rain?’ is closed to new replies.