• This topic has 25 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anyone else looking forward to Milan – San Remo?
  • mdb
    Free Member

Should be a cracking race with a number of names in contention for the win. I think Sagan, Nibali, possibly Cav and EBH, Gilbert, Chavanel all have a chance. The weather forecast is crap so perfect conditions for a 300km classics race.

Just saw this great quote about racing classics: “a classic is like playing chess whilst moving at 50km/h and wearing wet clothes.”

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes indeed. Was checking out the photos on cyclingnews.com of races past and getting quite excited. Sagan looks pretty unbeatable at the moment.

leffeboy

I am now, thanks for the reminder 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rusty90
    Free Member

Cancellara fancies his chances, and has been dissing Sagan for not playing fair, i.e. deliberately winning stuff 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, most deffo..

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve got very interested in racing this season for some reason.

Rochey
    Free Member

Bring it on, my Fav classic of the year, now I want Cav to win but I agree with the massive Sagan all the way, he can climb, read the race and Sprint so who would not bet against him.

Anyway Sky + is set for live and highlights so untill tomorrow, everyone enjoy.

hatter

I’m loving Cav’s feigned disinterest throughout the build up, he’s blatantly well up for it but would rather Sagan was the one everyone’s watching like a hawk.

lazybike
    Free Member

Oh yeah…giving up the cafe stop to make sure I’m back in time…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Will there be a decent live feed anywhere?

higthepig
    Free Member

Try Steephill or Wiziwig, you should be able to get a feed that works.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Ta.

djglover
    Free Member

Just set the Tivo for it, as I will be out racing

mdb
    Free Member

Its on British Eurosport tomorrow from 1.30pm

federalski
    Free Member

Really hoping my main Thor Hushovd can win one of the monuments in the next 3 weeks.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Cavs disinterest is more about the team riding for Boonen and not him though I suspect .

DFaffMaster

So many different contenders from different teams this year it will be interesting watching the team tactics employed.

As a result I’m thinking it will be won be a lesser known rider from a smaller team capitalising on a moments hesitation near the top of the Poggio.

The only question is who this less known rider could be? Going to need a big engine and fantastic bike handling skills.

My long shot is Flecha attacking hard at just the right time (first time ever but got to love a tryer) leaving Sagan and Cancellara to play psychological chimp games.

pjt201
    Free Member

Ramsey Neil – Member
    Cavs disinterest is more about the team riding for Boonen and not him though I suspect .

Cav’s disinterest is because of the realisation that he has no chance of winning this race again and that the last time was a fluke…

The way he was mercilessly dropped on the la manie climb (i’ve done it the other way round on an ss mtb with a tent and a weeks worth of kit on my back and it’s not a lot of fun) last year makes me think he has no chance. He’s just not a classics rider. He might grow into the role later in his career though.

pjt201
    Free Member

double post.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Cav’s disinterest is because of the realisation that he has no chance of winning this race again and that the last time was a fluke…

How was it a fluke , brilliantly judged sprint IMO .

pjt201
    Free Member

Ok, maybe fluke isn’t the right word but he’s got no chance of doing it again. yes, the sprint was brilliantly judged – but he was in a very big bunch at the end who were charging down on haussler. There’s no way given his palmares since that race that any of the key favourites won’t try and force a selection to happen which he won’t be able to keep up with.

If it’s a bunch finish, yes he probably can win but there’s not many times that has happened in the history of msr.

wonnyj
    Free Member

There is a velogames for the spring classics:
    http://www.velogames.com/index.php

Various leagues are about – but biggest I’ve found is on the velogames facebook site: 15175723
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Velogames-Fantasy-Cycling/112451628839166?fref=ts

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cavendish could easily win again if he was delivered to the finish in a bunch. It’s the job if all of the other teams to prevent that happening. It’s tactics, innit.

oldgit
    Free Member

Mleh interested to see who wins, can’t be arsed to watch any of it.

I’d like to see Lo scerifrfos bloodline do well.

tang
    Free Member

I’m hoping for a massive fight on the poggio.

MSP

I have set up a STW mini league for the spring classics if anyone is interested in joining use code 16171558

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else looking forward to Milan – San Remo?’ is closed to new replies.