Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Anyone else killing time at work…?
  • missnotax
    Free Member

I work in advertising and just before Christmas is a nightmare as people want to talk to me even less than usual and everything just grinds to a halt. I am a tad bored and there’s only so many amusing clips you can watch on You Tube, potential new bikes I can find, etc etc….

Anyone else in the same boat?

lunge

Me!!! We’re slowing down for Christmas and I have a hangover from a charity gala dinner last night. Today will not go down as one of my most productive…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. Been made redundant. Got 6 days left to work. Maybe 5.

missnotax
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that 🙁

Drac

Nope, we’re pushed to the limit at the moment. Would be nice to get the chance to watch youtube videos.

toby1

No just as busy as ever – company with new owners and lots of requests for change 🙁

Kryton57

I wish – work is ramping up not down. So much so, I’m about to work late tonight to meet a deadline for tomorrow and will miss the office Christmas Party. 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that

No need. I’m not! 🙂

alex222
    Free Member

Anyone else killing time at work…?

Isn’t killing time what work is?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m busy,

but bored.

binners

and will miss the office Christmas Party

every cloud, eh? 😉

The guy who I’m doing a big project for has just ran off to hospital, where his wife has just delivered their firstborn, this morning. I very much doubt he’s going to be reet bothered about looking at page layouts and illustrations until the new year.

Hey ho!

cynic-al
    Free Member

LBS here with half-assed owner, nowt to do.

Drac – Moderator

Nope, we’re pushed to the limit at the moment. Would be nice to get the chance to watch youtube videos.

You can’t be that busy…

rocketman
    Free Member

Most of our customers are either UK or US based. The difference in work ethics is incredible – whereas the UK has now ‘finished’ for Xmas the Americans are still giving it 100% and find it mind-blowing that our company is actually closed for Two Whole Days I mean what if something goes wrong on Christmas afternoon how can we get a software update who is in technical support help help help

And relax

seosamh77
    Free Member

phoned in sick today, as I’m loaded and have a horrible cough. But aye same in my work, dead as a dodo right now…mind you I dont mind, happily sit on the interweb and get paid for it.

Drac

You can’t be that busy…

Got to work for just before 7 last night out at just after 7, got back at 8 this morning and had 2 30 minute breaks during that time. On one of those I restocked the vehicle.

Kryton57

binners – Member

and will miss the office Christmas Party

every cloud, eh?

Well indeed. Our sexy yet high maintenance PA is leaving today also, so there tears, lots of fuss and they plan to get stupidly drunk of course.

I’ve decided at the tender age of 40, and off the wagon until Christmas day, I’m to old for all that I can’t be bothered do its the perfect excuse….

cynic-al
    Free Member

jota180
    Free Member

Not too slack right now but next week will be dead
    I usually find that a bit of reading on the Kindle and half hour naps, fills the time up nicely

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I’ve decided at the tender age of 40, and off the wagon until Christmas day, I’m to old for all that I can’t be bothered do its the perfect excuse….

It was our Christmas lunch on Monday. I turned 40 on Sunday. My team are all at least ten years younger than me. When I told them I wasn’t going to lunch, and they asked why I told them I couldn’t be @rsed. I’ve decided at the tender age of 40 I don’t need an excuse.

Drac

Your violin failed Al but save it I’m not looking for sympathy, I’m paid to do a job so that’s what I do.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Similar to BikeBouy

Busy, stuff to do, but bored! I wish I could get motivated by work but just can’t do it with my current workload and the fact that it’s a dead end role here. Time to move on, just as soon as other things in life settle down.

roger_mellie

I’m finding things to do to keep me occupied, but by tomorrow I reckon I’ll have run out of ideas. At this rate I may have to start thinking of what to buy Mrs Mellie for Christmas.

hammerite
    Free Member

I’ve done my usual website viewing, checked my bank balance, finished my christmas shopping, booked some cinema tickets. Now I’m about to go and look at some skiing holidays.

cynic-al
    Free Member

29erKeith – Member
    I wish I could get motivated by work but just can’t do it with my current workload and the fact that it’s a dead end role here. Time to move on

Same here…

john_drummer
    Free Member

So much so, I’m about to work late tonight to meet a deadline for tomorrow and will miss the office Christmas Party.

now you see, that would be a 🙂 from me, not a 🙁

24 years in work & never yet been to one; long may it continue.

but to answer the original question – no, dead busy. Got back from Ireland on Friday night, found out on Saturday morning that I’d brought something back with me and it wasn’t a leprechaun. been off sick all week & I know when I go back in, tomorrow or Monday, there’ll be a pile of stuff waiting to be finished before the year end. Which is effectively a week today…

mark90
    Free Member

Just come of the end of a major project that was a bit manic towards the end (aren’t they all?), and entering the festive period change freeze that most of our customers like to enforce. So a little quieter than it has been giving chnace to do all those jobs that had been pushed to one side while it was all hands on the project. Hopefully get get caught up with most of it as January will be mental when the flood gates open post change freeze.

igrf
    Free Member

How’s work?

“Got to work for just before 7 last night out at just after 7, got back at 8 this morning and had 2 30 minute breaks during that time.”

Wow what do you do?

Er moderate a forum of bastards who keep writing stuff I disagree with… 😉

thehustler
    Free Member

It is our ‘quiet’ time of year however a big pile of work arrived for me this morning so currently glazing my 20+ pair of glasses today oh the joy!

sparkyrhino

Very busy.4 hours up and down telephone poles in the middle of nowhere. this morning,sorting out contracters **** ups,freezing my bits into a mangina.still not dropped back out yet 👿

cardo

Never can tell if we’re going to be busy or not… at this moment not hence on here, tomorrow might be a different matter as a much awaited delivery is in and we need to get it invoiced and shipped out…. then our Xmas dooooo and back to work to slur down the phone at our customers.. living the dream.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

is it too early to go home yet – checks watch 4.52pm…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Due to our industry, December is a bit of a write off in general, although there are lots of EU grants kicking around for agriculture at the moment, so it’s artificially busy this year.

I’m working my notice period now anyway, so my productivity level is bordering on non existant.

6 days to go!

geoffj

,freezing my bits into a mangina.still not dropped back out yet

😆

LadyGresley
    Free Member

So quiet at work I’m not even working – 26 days off now 🙂
    And if they don’t want me at work, I’m not hanging around in Mancyland, so will be missing the Christmas party – they won’t miss me.

luke
    Free Member

The company only started a short while ago so some of us are rushed off are feet with mind numbing boring jobs whilst others are sat around twiddling there thumbs, but works work.

MrNutt
    Free Member

no such luck, 4hr round trip, site surveys and about 10,000,000 phone calls made!

ourmaninthenorth

Let me see. What have I got on?

Oh yes, that’s it. A shitload.

eugeo81
    Free Member

Flat out here. Work for myself as a Patent Illustrator and its always mental leading up until Christmas

racefaceec90

ah i thought you meant this 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VxiyI14LQg[/video] was a classic 3do fps

Drac

MrNutt clearly works in PPI telesales. Is it you sending me recording messages up to 3 times a day?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else killing time at work…?’ is closed to new replies.