Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anyone else ill? Spread your germs here!
  • cinnamon_girl

I'm feeling sorry for myself 🙁

Since Sunday evening I have had some sort of stomach bug and am still not right. Can't eat, no energy, can't sleep, haven't been out of the house. Poor little me!

To put a positive spin on it though, I don't do the "C" word so no fighting over turkey in the aisles 😉

Cheer me up people!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've been 'ill' once in about the last 6 years. Minor man-flu. I moaned on here but carried on. WTFU! Get out and ride hard in the cold, that'll blow it out of you. Germs hate cold! 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

Recovering from a bout of norovirus – the best weight loss programme ever devised! 😯

ourmaninthenorth

Gone down with a cold in the last few days, about which I am not at all happy. I'm supposedto be at the track tomorrow, but I can't breathe properly, so I suspect I'll be stopping at home helping with the Christmas preparations.

cinnamon_girl

Cheers for your support Pete! I don't even have the energy to get out the back door cos I feel so weak from lack of food.

Anyone else wanna tell me to MTFU 😉

ton

i have had a virus type thing for about a month.
    leaves me in a coughing fit if i try to do anything remotely energetic…

get well soon people, and have a cosy xmas.. 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I feel so weak from lack of food.

Best get some eating done then…… 😈

Sorry. I just don't get ill….. I'm pulling your leg, hoping to cheer you up really. :mrgreen:

ART

Loads of it about I'm afraid. I has something weird last week which was flu like, have had the seasonal jab, so could have been swine related but who knows really. I was in bed for a few days. Gave said bug to my bloke … ahem … who had totally different symptoms – bit like yours – but being a self employed fella he really did have to MTFU and keep working. You on the other hand should be snuggling up under warm blankets and duvets, with a warm drink and reading books & making plans for nice things to do when you are better. I will think of you while I'm still here at my desk trying to get a report out, whilst distracting myself on the forum. Take it easy. 🙂

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Both ends at once here, sorry if anyone's having their breakfast, had to open the windows to shift the stench from the rusty water literally erupting from my backside.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for good wishes everyone and indeed they are reciprocated 8)

Apparently there is a stomach bug doing the rounds but the only time I am poorly is due to bike-related incidents 😳

david_r
    Free Member

Serious dose of male influenza here. Massive amounts of Jaffa cakes are just about keeping me going, as everyone knows they're the best source of vitamin C in the world.

grumm
    Free Member

I'm feeling sorry for myself

Since Sunday evening I have had some sort of stomach bug and am still not right. Can't eat, no energy, can't sleep, haven't been out of the house. Poor little me!

Been ill for 3 months and counting now. 😐

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I'm in bed racking up a phone bill of epic proportions.
    Put on one too many layers walking the dogs across snowy fields last night and got a chill after my sweaty shirt got v cold suddenly when I got back and flopped infront of the TV.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Chock full of a cold sorry, man-flu – no thanks to some lovely clients of mine….
    Went to theirs on Saturday for a fun family photo-shoot in the snow….
    Knock on the door….. 'hi-come in- mind if we do the shoot indoors – we've all been down with a cold for the week, hubby has even had to take a couple of days off…..'
    aaaaaaaaargh….!
    Sure enough, woke up Sunday full of it……

Ooo – feeling better now, feels like i just got something off my chest 😉

Get well soon all!

Coyote
    Free Member

Had a chest infection that resulted in very painful coughing. Took a course of antibiotics that finished on Monday. Still coughing up oysters but at least it doesn't hurt anymore.

sor
    Free Member

If the stomach bug is one that causes you to upchuck four times within the first hour, then continue to dry heave whenever you take so much as a sip of water, then yes, I have that. It's a cracking headache it comes with too.

Been told it only lasts 24 hours so may well be back at work tomorrow. Joy.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

had a similar thing a few weeks ago, felt like shit got to the docs, gastroenteritus (sp),

couple of doses of diorea tablets and dioralyte (for replacement of water and body salts), almost felt better immediately, took a few days to for full apetitie to return.

hth and your up and biking again soon, cg 🙂

Drac

CG the best way to get rid of stomach bugs is to starve for 24 hours and just drink regular sips of water. Sounds like you've done this though, if it goes on for 3 days or so then you need to visit as Dr. Appointment with a GP but given the time of the year then you might have to visit a walk in centre or minor injuries unit.

0091paddy
    Free Member

If people washed their bloody hands after having going to the loo we wouldn't get stomach bugs!

Beggars belief how stupid some people are, hand washing with soap genuinly does minimise the risk of getting ill, yet some people still don't bother.

Get well soon everyone!

@ Sor, sounds like the Norovirus, highly contagious so I wouldn't go back to work unless you don't like your work colleagues..

Christowkid
    Free Member

CG:
    I'm sure you will feel better soon.
    If you want to know what ill people are like…..
    It started with food poisoning on my wedding anniversary at the end of september ( 2 weeks off work ) toothache, chest infection, worsening toothache/extraction, worsening cough etc….add in my 5th ever migraine and a real snotty cold…Ahhh it's nearly Christmas. Still, I have had 1 ride since the beginning of November!!!!!!! 😕
    Never realised what a breeding factory for germs schools are, or is it me?

Compaired to me, you sound positively fit and healthy!!!!!!!
    I'd send you seasonal greetings, but sounds like that might only make matters worse!
    It'll pass
    cheers
    Q

oldfart

Get well hugs coming your way cg .ali had same earlier in the week .

handyman
    Free Member

I have a cold and slighty sore throat so am watchin 5 kids 3 mine and alternating between here and watchin Elf on tv and its gloriuosly sunny outside but cold damm it but if i ride in the cold i leave trail of snot a foot wide, get well soon, though minces pies help me feel better

cinnamon_girl

Ooooh, there's some poor folk who are really suffering so healing vibes to you all, particularly those with festivities to attend.

I had a glass of wine last night which probably didn't help (opened bottle needed to be, er, drunk) so just finishing the last of it now. Looking forward to another sleepless night, again hearing the noisy owl 🙄

Just thought I would have felt better by now …

aleigh
    Free Member

Indeed I was ill 🙁 Apart from probably losing a bit of weight, the other good thing that's come out of this is that I have no desire to smoke! 😆

Christowkid
    Free Member

Let's hope we all have a Healthy New Year.
    Love to all
    Qx

knottie8
    Free Member

Get well soon CG.xxx

Bunnyhop

Get well soon c_g.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else ill? Spread your germs here!’ is closed to new replies.