Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone else having problems with stw with a mac?
  • larry

Good evening all, all my Internet is working fine untill I load up STW and then my spinning wheel comes on and the mac becomes unresponsive for a while and then shuts the Internet down, this happens with both safari and Firefox. All other websites are ok. What’s going on? Cheers

mrmo
    Free Member

running 10.7.5 on a 2009 macbook pro with 8gig of ram and have no issues. I did occasionally have issues when i only had 2gig of ram, just a thought.

Drac

No issues here with Safari.

MrSmith
    Free Member

no issues. 2012 MBP 10.8 safari 16gb ram

larry

I have a 4yr old MacBook with 1gig memory, never had the problem before, just started last night : ( is it all the flashy ads causing me problems?

glenh
    Free Member

Something to do with flash I think. Same happened to me a few days ago, and shortly after the browser was telling me to update flash.
    Sadly I can’t, cos I use(d) Chrome and google has stopped providing any updates for chrome on 10.5 🙁

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Defo the flash thing. I’d switched over to Chrome (from Firefox – on a MacBook running 10.7.5) then back to Firefox, and removing Flash player has helped a lot. It’s the big flash ads on the right, I think. In Chrome it was taking up masses of CPU and similar issues in Firefox. Not sure what to do now though…

maccruiskeen

If we asked Adobe nicely, maybe sent them a nice card or something, do you think they could use one of the numerous, numerous Flash updates to make it not totally shit?

Woody
    Free Member

Tried for past 2 days to sign in from my iphone and it won’t let me!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Dolphin browser on Android had stated crashing when browsing this site. Only happens on here, haven’t head the problem on chrome yet

schnor
    Free Member

I had flash (both chrome and opera) problems on here yesterday, I could only open 3 or so tabs before it stiffed whichever browser I tried.

Its fine today though *shrug*

CountZero

Reading this on my pad, and having no problems there, mainly, I guess, because there’s no Flash involved in the flashy ads over there ?? ?
    Tried on my phone as well, and that loaded up perfectly as well. I’ll fire up the Mini in a while and see what’s happening on there on Safari and Chrome.

BadlyWiredDog

Yep, same here. Firefox on a Macbook. Flash issues.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else having problems with stw with a mac?’ is closed to new replies.