Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone else having problems with Chrome and Flash?
  • spooky_b329

For the last few days the Shockwave Flash Plug-in has been crashing on every website that uses flash (so that’ll be quite a lot then).

Having done some Googling its apparently a common issue since the most recent update, seen a few temporary fixes but the issue always seems to rear its head again. The only ‘fix’ is to turn off the plug-in completely?!

Has anyone got any ideas or do I just have to sit here looking at the sad shockwave face or resort to another browser?!

andytherocketeer

Was forced to do an update on mine. Seems Chrome/Chromium is “clever” and sees the plugins in the mozilla directory too, so I disabled that, and added in the brand new beta/alpha 64bit linux version. 3 Youtube vids worked OK (don’t think I’m on the html5 for that), which is about all I need flash for. Will check some more sites.

retro83
    Free Member

Since the last few updates, Chrome on OSX runs Flash stuff very slowly, to the extent that YouTube has become a slideshow. HTML5 video is fine, as is flash in Safari, so it is something specific to flash within Chrome (which i believe is integrated rather than a seperate plugin?)

I tried to file a bug report, but couldn’t get the bug tracker to submit properly. 👿

I’m also seeing regular flash crashes from ads and so on. PITA

spooky_b329

Hmmm…thanks guys. Think I will just use Firefox and cross my fingers that the Google bods fix it automatically.

I forgot how much I hate Explorer 🙂

spooky_b329

Three weeks later with flash almost permanently crashed, clearing the cache sorts it for 30 minutes or so then it crashes again. Ongoing problem for many users it seems.

Just done a bit more Googling and found that for many, uninstalling Rapport by Trusteer (security software that many banks prompt you to install) fixes the problem. Uninstalled it last night, so far 24hrs with no more crashes 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else having problems with Chrome and Flash?’ is closed to new replies.