Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone else have problems with Continental road tyres?
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Trying to avoid the “what tyres for” thread title 😳

Generally reviews of the GP4000s and GP 4 Seasons are very good – the 4000s is probably the most recommended tyre about at the moment and the 4 Seasons is thought of as a better winter tyre, like the 4000s but a bit heavier and more puncture resistance.

My experience of the 4seasons however is they offer really good grip in the wet – I have alot of confidence in them in terms of handling. But i’ve never experienced so many flats before even with cheap shit tyres about a quarter of the price.

Have a new set of 4000s that i had intended to put on for the summer but now reluctant to do now and looking at the other options out there.

Last 3 years i’ve gone

4 Seasons: too many punctures
    Rubino Pro: didnt like them in the wet
    Gatorskins: poor in the wet
    Spesh Armadillos: good protection but not a great ride and not great in the wet
    Bontrager Hardcase: good protection but like the armadillos not a great ride
    Krylions: pretty good all rounder but very difficult to seat on my rims

Are there any other options comparable to the Krylions in terms of ride and protection but maybe a bit easier to seat? Dont really know much about schwalbe, vredestein, maxxis etc offerings.

Has anyone tried the new michelin pro 4 endurance yet?

mikey74
    Free Member

My GP4000s have been faultless, even with the poor state the roads are in around here.

druidh
    Free Member

That reminds me – I could do with replacing my GP4000s’s as they’re now rather worn. I’ve had 3 punctures in them – over the last couple of years. I’ll be buying the same again.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Hmmm do i take the risk of GP4000s then. Everyone seems to get on with them!

btw Rose bikes have them for about £23 each

fasthaggis

I found the 4000s very good,I wouldn’t worry too much about the puncture thing unless you are riding the same glass/hawthorn strewn roads all the time.
    Sometimes it’s just a run of bad luck and less to do with the rubber you have on.
    I also liked the Vittoria Corsa EVOs but they wore out pretty quick.
    As always ,check the pressures before every ride whatever you are using.
    For all round trainers, I use the Bonti race lites ( summer and winter)

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the new michelin pro 4 endurance yet?

It’s basically last years Krylion tyre with a new name. I really rate them. Done a good few miles over winter without any issues yet. Always seem to get a good write-up, though I’m sure someone will come along with horror stories in a minute…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else have problems with Continental road tyres?’ is closed to new replies.