• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone else had trouble with Pike fast black coating?
  • barffy
    Free Member

Mine doesn’t seem to be very robust. I almost had a coronary when I took the bike off the rack and saw I’d rubbed some off at the top of the travel a few months back. Luckily it hasn’t caused any issues and I’m not leaking air. Cleaned my bike up at the weekend and noticed Ive took another whopping chunk out of them right at the start of the travel (looks like a rock strike) from when I went to Cwmcarn. I’ve never even so much as scratched any other previous pair of forks, they are all pristine. TF say new CSU’s are about 350 quid plus the price of a service!

LoCo
    Free Member

Not had any issues with either my pikes or Revs with the black coating, rub down with smooth wet and dry to take sharp edges off to protect seals and get some gothic nail varnish to fill holes if necessary, no point in replacing if it’s only cosmetic (rrp is £326.99 on csu) we’d do you a set cheaper than that though, and with the french guys doing the rc pikes cheaper than that you may as well buy a new set and swap them over selling the extra parts off as spare 😉

Raymond

Slight thread highjack here but Loco, what do you charge for reducing the travel on a dual air Pike?

barffy
    Free Member

French guys?

LoCo
    Free Member

Depends on spec. needed, you need to replace internal parts, £150 ish just on the parts for the job off the top of my head

LoCo
    Free Member

alltricks or something like that

deadkenny
    Free Member

alltricks. £300 or thereabouts. oem gloss black lowers though, not diffusion black. Black uppers.

hora
    Free Member

£300 or thereabouts

£400 before exchange costs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else had trouble with Pike fast black coating?’ is closed to new replies.