Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anyone else had to endure the winds of hell
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Good grief what a commute this morning! I swear I was riding at a 45 degree angle into the wind at times. The crosswinds and headwinds where well harsh 😆 Why do I never get a tail wind????

crazy-legs

No, I drove in this morning, had an hour or so on the boards at Manchester Velodrome (no wind, rain or bad drivers!) then had a shower followed by a big breakfast in the works canteen.

Track riding rocks in winter time! 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Nah it was lovely this morning, expecting a headwind tonight though. Monday was pretty bad, headwind in the way in, then the wind turned throughout the day for a severe headwind and driving rain on the way home. Kinda love the extremes of it though, I just get my head round the fact that it's going to take longer, turn the ipod up and enjoy the burn.

monkeychild
    Free Member

It is good as the burn is a good feeling, but after 15 miles it gets a bit repetetive 😆

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Much headwinds on the way in, most powered by Skoda

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I know my commute is 20 miles each way – burn baby burn.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

it all started last night when i was on the tops and it was pouring down with rain, it was freezing and i was soaked, totally regret going riding yesterday, it hasent stopped yet! i live in walsden and i looked out the front this morning and i couldent see the road due to flooding, luckily i dont have work till later on and the roads are now open so hopefully things should be ok 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

My legs were knackered yesterday, both on the way in and riding back through the teeth of the gale in the evening.

When I woke up this morning and the wind was even stronger, I chickened out and got the train 😳

Dave

AndyP
    Free Member

was ace wasn't it! Extra training free of charge. Crazy strong winds. Looking forward to the way home, should top 50mph on the flat 😉

Track riding rocks in winter time!
    oh aye. Just booked some more sessions. 🙂

ART

Yeah headwind all the way until I hit the canal… 😀 I know it's extra resistance training but it was seriously hard work, fingers crossed for a good tail wind tonight 😉

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I never seem to get a tailwind……

barca
    Free Member

I came in on the mountain bike this morning so I could wear my waterproof Endura shorts. Vanity wouldn't allow me to wear them on the road bike.
    Mad headwind, driving rain, glasses fogging up. It should have been hell but I loved it. I think I bibically love Endura waterproof shorts.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I had to bring the car this morning as i can't risk my daughters saftey in the trailer in these winds plus when a moderate wind hits you with the trailer on the back its a bit like you have just run into a wall i hate to think what it would be like today.

bassspine
    Free Member

as someone once said: "you could ride in a figure of eight and get a headwind all the way"

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Never been in the granny ring on the flat before 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

endure the winds of hell

Sorry. I now realise beans and prunes don't mix. **parp** 😳

Shack
    Free Member

Been some tough winds on the Mersey Estuary this week and most of my commute hugs the coast. Get used to standing on the pedals for a good few miles. This morning, heavy rain but a tail wind all the way. If the wind holds up the ride home could be challenging. Seem to have been constantly soaked over the last couple of weeks.

mattk
    Free Member

Head wind the entire way.

It was all i could do to keep moving on some of the more exposed country lanes, standing up on the pedals, quads burning, gurning like fool, was not impressed!

Although some bloke commuting the other way (probably doing about 40mph in the tail wind) thought it was well funny. I hope i see him tonight, i'll be the one laughing*.

* hopefully – fingers crossed the wind doesn’t change

ooOOoo
    Free Member

That is true – whenever I have a tailwind I look at riders coming the other way and think "doood….what's the problem? this is easy!"

yin & yang

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

It's more than just a bit windy in Devon at the minute, and most of my training routes follow the coast. Gonna head out in a minute though and see if I can stay upright.

peachos
    Free Member

head wind up to cutgate last nigh 😥
    tailwind back down to langsett 😀

ps44
    Free Member

It's eased off to a F5 here in the Shire, so I'll be mostly windsurfing this afternoon. Work's over-rated 😉

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Not as windy as Monday! – Much of my ride to work is in trees, but the open parts were straight downwind – whoosh- I ran out of gears!

devs
    Free Member

Eh? The sun is shining and it's still and warm here. Well 12 deg ish anyways. I might give the new summer season it's inaugural tonight.

Shack
    Free Member

Just checked the weather for the ride home, rain stopped and wind swung through 180 degrees so its a tailwind for me on the home run. Cant remember the last time I was that lucky, its normally headwind in followed by headwind home. If anything wind has picked up over this morning, will be oh so fast. Knowing my luck I'll probably get wiped out by a car before I get to enjoy it!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else had to endure the winds of hell’ is closed to new replies.