Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone else had neck problems?
  • rickon
    Free Member

So,

I woke up this morning with a sore neck, and its been getting worse throughout the day – to the point where it hurts to turn or look up or down.

I had the exact same thing about 4 months ago, and it took about 4 weeks to go fully.

Anyone else has similar problems?

cheers

Ricks

sbob
    Free Member

Yep, went from two pillows to one, all sorted.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I have a brass neck and suffer from verdigris.

PePPeR

Compound fracture of C6 and C7, does that help any 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

Hot water bottle – wrap it in a towel. Stick it on your neck – job done.

user-removed
    Free Member

Came off the woodwork at Chopwell Woods and landed on my head. Had a fuzzy moment and after a few days, took myself off to the doctors with a sore neck. Got sent to the hospital for xrays and was eventually told I had arthritis in my neck. Doesn’t bother me too much but I do make a conscious effort not to tense up whilst riding these days.

Kevevs
    Free Member

are you emotionally stressed? I used to have this problem when I was in a bad relationship. It went when it ended!

rickon
    Free Member

Well then…. 🙂

No falls on my head, and I’m in a very happy relationship, and not particularly stressed.

I have been I’ll, and not very tired, so maybe I’ve been tossing so much in my sleep I end up in a award position and have tweaked my neck.

Drove all the way to glentress – about an hour and a half – to get to the first red single track and had to bail out with my sore neck. 🙁

Will change the tempura single pillow for a normal pillow tonight and see if that helps.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I had something similar.. The consultant sent me for an MRI, and I had a formainal stenosis in C4, and a partially prolapsed disc in C3. Would you like an operation, said he? Non, said I.. So off I went and that was that.
    I went to a physio, as it was still twinging (I couldn’t turn left for several days when it did, a la Zoolander) and she told me to straighten my self up, and do some exercises to strengthen up the supportive muscles in the back of my neck, and I’ve been cured since.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Geniunely, I think it can be an early sign of menengitis.

rickmeister

I’ve been tossing so much in my sleep

😆

There’s the problem right there… change hands at half time

pocketrocket
    Free Member

There’s the problem right there… change hands at half time

PMSL 😆

rickon
    Free Member

You found the Easter egg, collect your five pounds 😉

Stiff this morning…

shifter
    Free Member

I’m often asked to wind mine in.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Have you had it measured ? it may be too long ! does your head wobble about when you walk ?

shifter
    Free Member

[we’re not helping the OP, *feels bad]

br
    Free Member

Drove all the way to glentress – about an hour and a half – to get to the first red single track and had to bail out with my sore neck

Car seat badly adjusted?

simmy
    Free Member

Try a memory foam pillow – I’ve had loads of car crashes when younger, and my neck is now very vulnerable to not sleeping correctly.

Had a crash few years ago when someone hit the back of our car on a roundabout and I eventually went to a chiropractor and found out I’d twisted something on my neck.

Then onto weeks of a guy 6 ft tall by 6ft wide with hands like shovels pulling and firing a popper gun into my back and neck. Cost £500 quid, but got me sorted and the other guys insurance paid eventually.

First thing would be doctors, see if you can get an x ray, then try the chiropractor. It’s amazing how even a small impact or jolt can twist something.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else had neck problems?’ is closed to new replies.