Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone else had an email from IslaBike today? Sounds like a blaim claim
  • Sui
    Free Member

It has been brought to our attention that a younger sibling of a child owner of one of our bicycles has put his hand into moving parts whilst his older sibling was learning to ride, resulting in an injury.

Parents and carers are reminded that bicycles are not toys. Siblings and other children, as well as the rider, should be supervised whilst a child is learning to ride and riding is taking place. This warning particularly applies to the supervision of children, who are not sitting on or riding a bicycle, and who should be kept a safe distance from the rider and bicycle.

I take from this that some kid has stuck their hand in a moving wheel or the chain/ring and hurt themselves and parent is now looking for a way to fund their next holiday.. Am I being rather cynical?

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, yeah, why would you tell the manufacturer of a bike that your child has been an idiot/had an accident? Weird that.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I got an email from Islabikes today
    For the Creig 24 I’ve just bought.
    Very excited.

DezB
    Free Member

@thegeneralist: Don’t stick your hand in the wheel. Them Islabikes can be dangerous.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/video]

nashwaymule
    Free Member

“blame” Sorry couldn’t resist.

Sui
    Free Member

damn it.. 😳

cloudnine
    Free Member

They should be suing the inventor of the wheel

iamsporticus
    Free Member

wondering if this is related to their expansion into the States……….

brakes
    Free Member

new Islabike decals.

LimboJimbo

Sorry, can’t believe nobody’s done this…

Could’ve been a child’s face! 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else had an email from IslaBike today? Sounds like a blaim claim’ is closed to new replies.