Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone else had a rear maxle fail?
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

As title really, I’ve just been upto Torridon on a new bike only ridden it 5 times previously and nothing as tough or techy as Torridon trails and the rear maxle has sheared. I’ll contact the shop the first but may have to speak to dealer, needless to say I am a bit surprised and disappointed as its a 1k mile round trip. Luckily I’d taken my old bike so got out for a full day yesterday!

brant
    Free Member

Hope hub?

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve not managed to shear a maxle 😕 … but I’ve destroyed a number of Hope Pro2 Rear axles before upgrading to the EVO axle.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Yes I’ve got hope pro 3 hubs, are you thinking its the hubs?

justinbieber

Where did it shear? I’ve had one go at the lever end due to over tightening, but nothing on the actual shaft itself

andy88
    Free Member

Mine sheared off the other week just at the start of the threaded bit, also using a hope hub

dirtydog
    Free Member

brant – Member

Hope hub?

Posted 4 hours ago #Report-Post

Hope hubs causing maxles to fail? 😕

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Mine went twice on a Pro 3, second time round Hope upgraded it (for free, as they do) & It’s been champion since.
    (Mightv’e actually been a downgrade cos they put a steel one in but It’s mended)

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Mine is slightly different in that it bolts through from one side the full width and then on the on the threaded end there is another short bolt that screws into it but only the width of the frame if you follow……… It’s sheared through the most inner threads on the long bolt if that makes sense?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else had a rear maxle fail?’ is closed to new replies.