• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone else got upcoming flights booked to Spain? (ryan air content)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just had an email off the nice people at ryan air informing me that Spain are having a “budget” in the coming weeks and it’s going to involve some tinkering with airport taxes!! Quick as a flash ryan air are quick to quote a “clause” stating the increase will be met by us!! Anyone else??

mogrim

The budget was a couple of days ago… Still, not overly surprised, Spanish airport taxes are an easy target for raising revenue.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So therefore they should know the costs already rather than sending a very vaguely worded email!?

mogrim

Would have thought so, but the budget hasn’t been officially approved yet – although given the national gov has a majority, that shouldn’t be a problem.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bump for the weekend lot.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol fly with ryan air bring your own lube…..

wrightyson
    Free Member

For 150 quid cheaper I’ll bring two tubes!! Surely this will affect other “airlines” too?

kimbers

mikewsmith – Member
    lol fly with ryan air bring your own lube…..

😆

wrightyson – Member
    For 150 quid cheaper I’ll bring two tubes!! Surely this will affect other “airlines” too?

with budget airlines id say very likely with lyinair in particular id say definately

GJP
    Free Member

Spanish Airport Taxes

It does look like the Spanish Government are considering rises airport taxes significantly. I work for BA but I am unsure whether any tax change when introduced applies to travel dates or sales dates. But I can talk to one of my colleagues on Monday. It could very possibly vary by country etc

Retrospective collection of taxes from previously sold tickets would look like a nightmare for some carriers depending on their distribution model (i.e. not all direct sales). Perhaps not such an issue for RyanAir?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else got upcoming flights booked to Spain? (ryan air content)’ is closed to new replies.