Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Anyone else got a threatening letter from Hagley Estates for being naughty?
  • chainslapp
    Free Member

Tweeter!

Its available for all to see 😀

rOcKeTdOg

ban is balti dependant

v8ninety

I’m predicting a ban for someone.

Hopefully the sad individual that feels strongly enough to complain about such an innocuous thread as this…

wwaswas

Maybe the complainer is the land owners representative?

stuc
    Free Member

Innocuous? Asking for routes to try and generate further letters – unfortunatley I fear some people on here would be so stupid as to actually carry out such a pathetic and damaging act.

Good night all.

singlespeedstu

Thanks for starting the desctruction of my local riding scene.

Get a grip.

The local riding scene will be fine with or without this storm in a tea cup.

I have been quite happily riding in this area for over 25 years without any undue attention.

I see no reason why my situation would change.

If your “local riding scene” is destroyed i would hint at the fact that you’re nothing to do with the real local riding scene.

Edit.

Just checked out your profile and it seems you’ve just joined up for this thread…

mrmo
    Free Member

Ramblers look upon the kinder trespass as a major step forward. Does anyone really think that access to most of England will just be given if you ask nicely? Does anyone think that the current shambles that is RoW will be solved by asking nicely?

stuc
    Free Member

The sarcasm was obviously lost in translation – yes the riding round this way will probably remain unaffected as the riders that ride this area know when and where to ride.

Just don’t think publicising the whole issue is neccessary.

singlespeedstu

The sarcasm was obviously lost in translation the fact you I signed up for a new account to bitch about f all.

I’d say Mic has given out a PSA to carry on keeping it low key.

If you’re a regular why not man up and post under your regular forum name.
    If you’re not a regular how come you’ve seen this thread?

aracer
    Free Member

The balti was clearly good, or maybe it was the wine/beer, or maybe the guitar playing.

I’m still trying to work out whether somebody misunderstood my intentions though – Harry, you don’t need a bike.

Harry_the_Spider

My money is on post-strum karma.

stuc
    Free Member

Thats quite a clever copy paste and amend there – kudos.

Signed up for the free digital issues that’s all – no other accounts, got no need for them.

Don’t have any issue with Mic or any one local. Don’t even need to hide behind a forum name if you like – Stu Cutler, there you go.

Oggles
    Free Member

My money is on post-strum karma.

What, another raspberry ripple incident? 😯

singlespeedstu

Don’t have any issue with Mic or any one local.

Fair play but you did come across as signing up/setting up a second account just to moan about a none problem.

Maybe you could join in with the forums from now on and get involved with some of the fun. 🙂

MichaelLay
    Free Member

I would suggest that Lord Cobham himself probably didn’t instigate the letter. It was more likely his “land agent” who seems anti-mtb. The trails used by mtb’s do not go near the ancient monument. The real problem are the mini-moto riders who use Roundhill Woods, cause erosion and leave litter. The trails in the areas mentioned in the letter, while “cheeky”, are well established and were probably there before mtb’s became popular. You very, very rarely see a walker away from the main track (which is not a footpath and, therefore, he should be trying to ban walkers as well). As other have said, if you are going to ride this sort of trail then don’t advertise the fact.

stuc
    Free Member

I’d rather be out riding singlespeedstu – I’m guessing that may be a common statement on here from people out of there depth in the banter lol

Anyway, just feel strongly about this but had my say now.

The irony of this is that I think somewhere down the line we probably have mutual aquantnacies, I was only speaking to one speedy singlespeeder earlier today and I know you one geared folks are a pretty tight knit community…

singlespeedstu

I’d rather be out riding

At 9.45 on a saturday night when it’s pissing down and like the middle of the night.

I dought it very much.
    The local trails would be destroying your drivetrain. 😉

stuc
    Free Member

I know some local cheeky ones that stand up ok…think I’m getting the hang of this now 😆

singlespeedstu

Did you pick them up from Mic’s strava account?

stuc
    Free Member

nah, his lordship/the viscount moaned about them in the local rag once so thought i’d check them out. Awaiting my letter now.

singlespeedstu

You’re way off the mark.

The best cheeky trail are no where near his public land. 😉

I’d point you towards them but i have no idea who you are so i’ll keep it between the “local scene” riders and myself for now. 😉

stuc
    Free Member

That was irony this time…still need to work on it i’m guessing.

I know where abouts I’d head on the local patch, but no, not in this weather…

Probably bump (or already have) into you with my local scene too…

singlespeedstu

still need to work on it i’m guessing.

No shit Sherlock. 😆

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Is this segment cheeky?

If so I wont be registering on Strava as David Mellor, training for 6 months and then nailing it for a KOM

Oh no

That would be very cheeky

Probably

ssjeff
    Free Member

People who post under false names are shameful scumbags.
    As for the muppet using strava 4 cheeky trails what a nob !
    To be fair tho I can’t stand anyone even parking outside the JeffLodge imagine if they started riding up and down the garden !

charliedontsurf

This all illustrates precisely why my Internet start up “strav-burglar” didn’t catch on.

Burglars could upload their activities and score plunder points and then compare their burglaring to their mates.

Turns out being places you shouldn’t be, and doing things you shouldn’t do is something the burglar community didn’t want to share publicly.

MicArms

OK, to clarify..
    None of my runs were recorded on Strava, I used it a few times butprefer endomondo to log my rides.
    All of my rides logged in endo were public but not of them were saved as routes.
    In endo a route is easily visible, seen by zooming into an area on the map and you see them but a saved workout , even if public, is not visible on the map of the area. So some one has to look up my profile , then go into my workouts, and trawl through the MTB ones to see where I have been riding. Thats with all my workouts being public, and I have now since marked them private so only endo ‘friends’ can see them.
    So I hardly think i have been shouting my riding routes from the rooftops. The paths were cheeky, as in footpaths, but no digging, vandalism etc carried out, also , rode them in anti social hours, night rides when no ‘sane’ person would be out on the paths.

During the last 12 years of riding in this area, have never encountered a estate rep when out on the bike, or had a walker moan at me when I was out on the cheeky stuff.

So either someone has gone to sort though my endo workouts, or searched for mtb forums for riders who frequent Clent and done a ‘scattergun’ letter to easily identifiable user names using the electoral role.

Mantastic
    Free Member

It’s not one of your mates winding you up?

MicArms

Mantastic, I dont have mates..just riding biatches.

Houns

Anyway, anyone seen the northshore ( 😉 ) the back of nimmings cafe?

bodgitandscarpper
    Free Member

Just a short note to some of the older guys who remember the Mellor story, that lord Cobham has past away and his younger / smarter brother has taken over the estate . Which is when all these issues have started up.

nealglover
    Free Member

“I SAY, just a short note to some of the older guys …… ”

😉

large418
    Free Member

Mic,
    How about an alternative (win win) approach? Write back to Hagley Estates and ask what it would take for them to be happy with people riding on the land – maybe offer up the opportunity for local disadvantaged kids to be using it for some outdoor MTB activity or something like that. If they’re objecting to kids teararsing around and have had reports of walkers etc being harassed then I can understand their objection, but if you can distance yourself from that type of behaviour then he may open the door a fraction for some permitted riding. Often the ranger types are not quite as good at reasonable discussion if you are ever confronted, so it would be better to ride with their blessing. As JD Boy said – try to find out what their objection is (because what they said in their letter is probably not the real reason).

Or, write back and ask that they do not send threatening letters to your 12 year old son called Michael and if they do you will go to the press!

antigee

i’d buy a large supply of A4 envelopes and standard 2nd class stamps – post them a weekly (anonymous) update on your activities with the conclusion that you’ve assessed the damage to the estate as zero but thanking them for their interest – i’d throw in some nice padded cards for special occasions with a few xxx’s and next to no postage

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else got a threatening letter from Hagley Estates for being naughty?’ is closed to new replies.