Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Anyone else got a threatening letter from Hagley Estates for being naughty?
  • MicArms

Big brother is stalking you…
    just got this through the post! Looks like all my future rides on endomondo will be listed as friends / private from now on.

D0NK

I’ve now got a crick in my neck from trying to read your landscape letter. Expect a letter from my solicitor.

hardly stalking btw more like shooting fish in a barrel. If I owned a shedload of public access land I’d be tempted to see if anyone was posting strava/endomondo stuff.

wwaswas

how did they find you?

Rickos
    Free Member

So they checked Endomondo to see who was riding where and then did some supersleuthing to find out your address? Wow! That’s some determined landowner.

Cheezpleez

We’ll be seeing a lot more of this.

And FWIW I’d be a bit careful what you post on a public forum

leffeboy

interesting. I was always a bit wary of putting stuff up on Garmin Connect in case this happened :(. Looks like big brother is catching up on us

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Is Endomondo how they traced you to your name and address? The Viscount may have spoken to the police but I doubt very much the police are “involved” as AFAIK they have no powers to complain or assist in evicting you unless you breach the peace or damage property.

If you get into dialogue with the Vis, suggest he builds a bike park and tea room business. He needs the money:

Stop the Rot

Nice tie:

scaled
    Free Member

I’d reply to it, denying and knowledge of what they’re on about!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The Viscount!

I’m glad I live in Scotland, and also won’t touch any route tracking nonsense with a bargepole.

bigjim

Ha very good! I wouldn’t say it is very threatening though. Mmm Viscount biscuits.

ton

and the moral of the story is?

DrP

I vant….
    I vant….
    A viscount…..

DrP

treaclesponge
    Free Member

I presume you werent silly enough to start and finish your ride on your GPS right at your front door?

falkirk-mark

and the moral of the story is?

Move to Scotland and give them the viccy.

MicArms

Treacle, nope…
    Ton, the moral is upload your workouts as private..

treaclesponge
    Free Member

MicArms – Member

Treacle, nope..

In that case not sure how they would narrow it down to you over other people that ride there.

MicArms

The cunning use of endomondo name and directory inquiries?

treaclesponge
    Free Member

In that case I think you can safely ignore them! Oh and sign up to strava with a false name. And wear a false beard when you ride walk on their land. 🙂

ton

Ton, the moral is upload your workouts as private..

or, if you misbehave, you will get found out……. 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tell em’ to fek off whilst riding on the land (note not “their” land) whilst wearing a right to roam t-shirt and a 2L Coke bottle full of wee, you know just for his shoes.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

or, if you misbehave, you will get found out…….

Nah, nobody’s seen me on norphub.com yet. 🙂

Ah…

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

At least he sent you a letter!

I would have come round in my Landrover and turned Donuts on your front lawn!

big_scot_nanny

DrP – Member
    I vant….
    I vant….
    A viscount…..

DrP

But I am a Prince!
    No, a Viscount you clutz!

PMSL, I haven’t heard tht for years. 😆

Where exactly is this ?
    I might go for a ride, er, I mean go for a walk while pushing my bike, there.

Sui
    Free Member

D0NK – Member

I’ve now got a crick in my neck from trying to read your landscape letter. Expect a letter from my solicitor.
    [cntrl, + Alt + arrow key] 🙂

Drac

Treacle, nope…

You have many routes starting near your front door. That’s the problem with these sites they provide so much infomation and the more you add, like for instance your job the harder it is to hide.

motozulu
    Free Member

Ignore him – looks like he dribbles when he signs his name – probably talks to trees too.

wwaswas

all they need is your name and a rough idea where you live and the electoral roll will do the rest.

Even if you have a couple of km exlusion zone around your house it wouldn;t be enough.

singlespeedstu

I want to know how you’ve been damaging the monument.
    Did it envolve one of your initiation ceremonys? 😉

Maybe they traced you from the “fluids” you left behind. 😯

D0NK

[cntrl, + Alt + arrow key]

not with dropbox doc in firefox smarty pants 😉

Houns

He he he

I’ve met him once or twice in the past, he seemed a nice chap

Oh and never use your real name or start rides from your front door on tracking websites hth

martinhutch

So they know you’ve been there in the past. How are they going to know you’ve been there in future now you’re wise to their data-trawling techniques?

Anonymise everything and enjoy your riding. If they catch you in person, that’s different.

nickjb
    Free Member

not with dropbox doc in firefox smarty pants

Worked for me in chrome

Houns

He does own a bloody awful lot of land, an ex used to stable her horses on his land down in Churchill

boxelder

I’m no lawyer, but I don’t believe you have committed any offence under ‘trespass’ that the Police would be interested in

Principle

Part V Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (CJPOA) s 61-80 conferred powers on the police and created offences in connection with various forms of trespass, including:

mass trespass
    trespass by hunt saboteurs
    trespass by squatters
    nuisance caused by raves.

The Act also introduced powers to direct trespassers to leave land and amended existing legislation in relation to the use of violence to secure entry to premises.

Are you in a group? Causing mischief? Using violence?

Mantastic
    Free Member

He is a complete dick, I remember when his mrs left him for David Mellor, I worked there for years whilst at school and cobham proved to be a knob over and over sgain

Houns

Ah furry muff, I’ve only met him at public events

martinhutch

David Mellor sounds like an excellent strava name for a regular visitor to the estate.

trojan
    Free Member

Oh my god, Lord Nobham has far too much money and time to be persuing this with tracking people down and sending letters & wasting the time of the police who should be out catching real criminals like the chavs that broke into my neighbours last week.
    Crazy as the majority of mtbers are law abiding citizens living within his parish!!
    I saw something about 6 months ago in the stourbridge news where he was having a moan that riders are using Wychbury hill and the trails and that he was against it,trying to get them blocked off etc. on the premis of damaging/eroding the hill/trails, i get the feeling he thinks mountain bikers are all chav yobs, i have been riding the area for the last 20 years, & think this is a step too far, really cant be done with people trying to restrict you from using what is countryside for all to enjoy…

How the hell did he find out where you live? did you park a car close that they got your reg via a camera? or maybe they have spys in the woods of some sort?

He is currently trying to sell off land to get about 200 houses built in Hagley to fund upkeep of his mahoosive house, i personally have signed the petition and hope he doesn’t get his way, hopefully in an ideal world at some point he will run out of cash & the house will be bought by the National trust, there is so much of his estate that is out of bounds to the public, like pretty much one whole side of Clent hills, all with an elec fence around apparantly to protect deer inside…it should be opened up for the public to enjoy like the rest of Clent.

As for Clent it needs a designated all weather trail putting in there as there are so many good trails, but the NT dont like riders it seems….there were some great hidden trails but the last time i went up the NT have cut down huge trees to block off all the fun stuff.
    So your left to bridleway riding though 1ft deep of horse shit!

On a separate note my mate got bitten by a dog up there the other night, the owner thought it was attracted to the bike light, then thumped my mate stating he had no right to be up there on a bike at night !!
    Next thing police will be thinking that bike lights are UFO’s or something…(yes, that was in the recent press too).

Clent can be quite scary night riding alone, especially when you know about the Devils Huntsman.
    An old story states that Harry-Ca-Nab, the devils huntsman, kept his pack of hounds at nearby Halesowen – (‘hells-own;’ perhaps in Dog Kennel Lane)? Riding on ghostly white bulls Harry-Ca-Nab and his pack hunt wild boar and lost souls over these hills. Those who climb the slopes at night in search of extraterrestrial encounters and UFO’s witness only Old Scratch and his companions reel across the heavens.

Its even been in Doctor Who so it must be true!
    Checking through his memories the Doctor recalls the legend of the Devil’s Huntsman hunting lost souls on the Clent Hills.
    http://www.drwhoguide.com/whobb936.htm

trojan
    Free Member

Mantastic, your soo right!!
    Martinhutch, great idea!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else got a threatening letter from Hagley Estates for being naughty?’ is closed to new replies.