Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • anyone else got a pretty good week ahead of them? *smugness*
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

t'is graduation week here at uni – end of 4 years of living off tax payers money, drinking, shagging, waking up at 11am going to bed at 4am 😉

last night i had an impromptu piss-up and managed to wake up without a hangover

will be spending the next few days enjoying the world cup after placing a few cheeky bets at the bookies

got a bit of dissertation follow up to complete, but its not too hard, and i'll be returning to the farm where i did a lot of research, and they are nice people… have made a few good contacts in the agri/food industry, which i will be following up, to see if i can get a foot in the door, so to speak.

parents coming up on thurs and we'll be off out for a swish dinner at a new seafood restaurant. friday will include 2 garden parties, the graduation ceremony and the grad ball, where all (but one) of my 4th year friends will be – one last big piss up!
    i'll also be walking out of a decent uni with a 2:1. happy with that.

saturday morning i'll be jetting off to bikevillage for 5 weeks…

god knows what i'll be up to when i get back.

to be honest, i don't give a damn if this falls to the annals of STW without a response, or if every post on it makes me sound like a tosser. for the first time in a long time, i'm actually cheerful and happy.

yossarian
    Free Member

i'll also be walking out of a decent uni with a 2:1

good effort, you'll start in the call centre as a trainee supervisor then you tosser 🙂

did I mention the student loan repayments?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

lol
    😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DaRC_L

ahh give it a few years and your naive wetback optimism will be crushed out of you by some multinational conglomerate.

Enjoy it while you can 8)

Gary_M
    Free Member

this website may come in useful

maxray
    Free Member

The weight of the world has yet to crush your weary soul.

Make sure you savour every moment of it!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

DaRC_L – no optimism – i'll be looking for a job in a bike shop i'm sure… i'll be a bit more optimistic when i have an Msc (or better) at some point in the future… i know no one wants regular graduates at the moment…
    8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My Polish housekeeper is returning to Poland mid July. I look forward to your application.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Hooray. Alps for 2 weeks on Friday. I'm taking full advantage of the carefree student lifestyle while I can.
    :mrgreen:

Waderider
    Free Member

Of to Ullapool on Friday for a MTBing stag weekend, then offroad to my parents caravan in Ardnamurchan (one weeks visit), then a week staying in a cottage at Crathie, knocking off some 'gorms routes.

Yours sounds good, but I'll stick with mine.

flip
    Free Member

I'm going to see Stevie Wonder in Hyde Park on Saturday 😉

ianpinder
    Free Member

Sounds good, I was in a similar position last year except I had 3 job offers, looks like you did the wrong degree mate.

oddjob
    Free Member

Sounds fantastic. Enjoy yourself and congrats on the 2:1

Life of drudgery is just around the corner…

carbon337
    Free Member

Off to hospital on Thursday for our first 12wk baby scan. Im excited.

PJ266
    Free Member

No, got a 14 hour drive on Saturday 🙁 to the sh!thole known as Morzine. Its gonna be crap 😛

stilltortoise
    Free Member

for the first time in a long time, i'm actually cheerful and happy.

good work. Keep it up. I'd hate to have met you before today. Miserable sod 😆

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

ianpinder, i've not applied for any jobs… But i've been potentially offered one and have been asked to apply for another. Am trying to hold off the drudgery for as long as possible.

Junkyard
    Free Member

got an interview for my own job 8 people 4 jobs brilliant ..cheers Bankers

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Four day weekend.

Prep Thurs. Ride Friday. Barbecue party Saturday. Relax Sunday. 8)

RealMan
    Free Member

saturday morning i'll be jetting off to bikevillage for 5 weeks…

Lucky, you working there, or just a very long holiday?

My last A level exam is on Tuesday, next week. Then no more work/lessons/exams until around October where hopefully I will be starting uni..

MrNutt
    Free Member

releasing then shooting down anthrax filled balloons over a big pop festival, should be a laugh.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Sounds like you're having a good time

Yesterday: Went out with grandparents, went for a ride, pub
    Today: Swimming, unicycling, seeing my niece and nephew (and then maybe pub again!)
    Tomorrow: Going for a flight with my uncle (in a 2 person plane), going the the cinema with friends (and maybe pub again…)
    Thursday: My birthday…need not go into what that involves!
    Friday: Friends coming to my house from uni, bowling, food, pub.

Good week eh? 😛

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I presume you still live with your parents, you probably haven't got a girlfriend. I bet you have a mountain of debt and the prospects of finding long term employment, let alone being able to get a foot on the housing ladder are pretty much zero.

Still, glass half full and all that 😉

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

ianpinder, i've not applied for any jobs… But i've been potentially offered one and have been asked to apply for another. Am trying to hold off the drudgery for as long as possible.

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Well, I just got through my first year PhD panel today … had a total grilling but survived it, just! The week just got much, much better 😆

BTW, I'm a very mature student, funded, no debts, no burden to the taxpayer and have to work 9-5 for my stipend! I did the best part of 20 years as a tax payer before this, so am enjoying the break from the rat race.

Like hungry monkey, enjoying it while it lasts & not thinking about what on earth sort of job I'll be looking for in a couple of years – may have persuaded Mr Squirrel by then that I'm cut out to be a housewife (who goes out on the trails while he's out at work).

Congrats monkey – 2:1 is always good. Enjoy yourself 8)

kevonakona
    Free Member

3 days of enjoying the sun while thinking of outside lessons then 4 days of the same then 9 weeks paid holiday. Then my job gets better.

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

I'm guessing you're in an independent with that amount of holiday!

kevonakona
    Free Member

Oh yes indeed. School numbers on the rise and a waiting list in most year groups. So we're pretty lucky, actually scratch that very lucky at the moment.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘anyone else got a pretty good week ahead of them? *smugness*’ is closed to new replies.