Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone else getting woken up at 4am with sunrise???
  • poiu
    Free Member

Tried blackout blinds but the room overheats to due to no ventilation.

Tried eye covers but theres always a little gap that lets in light.

All i can think of now is air conditioning and blackout the windows. seems a bit OTT?

meehaja
    Free Member

Its great isn’t it? Get up, go for a ride?:’vvvdfffcxdddzzZZASSSNJKKµNMN

MMM

.N.M

(My son wrote the last bit, but he gets up at 4 as well, so has breakfast with daddy before work)

alpin
    Free Member

No. Usually get woken by the alarm clock, don’t necessarily get up though.

Used to have this.I just turned the bed around when out became an issue.

djglover
    Free Member

Me, blackout blinds, eye mask, pillow over head, sometimes sleep through. If its sunny and our bedroom is east facing its usually just a case of put up with it

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nope, just my 14month old son

Edukator
    Free Member

Yes, great isn’t it (though the sun rises a couple of hours later here). Madame dragged me out running at dawn this morning, we picked up some fresh bread on the return for breakfast.

In Winter I sleep a lot but at this time of the year I don’t need as much sleep.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I was out the door and on the trails before 6am yesterday.Back in bed by 10 😀

yunki
    Free Member

as above – 16 month old son wakes with the sound of a gazillion song birds roaring outside his window, and then proceeds to join them in their revelry..

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Only on Sunday morning when we bivvied on the moors, the flippin moon was a bit bright too. Otherwise, get up and enjoy the best bit of the day.

carlosg
    Free Member

I did this morning by the 4am (slightly before) dawn chorus as I was camping in the garden with my 8 year old son.
    bloody noisy things , now where’s my air rifle?

metalheart
    Free Member

It’s the sun or maybe it’s crows nesting in the chimney above my bedroom.

I’m not sure which….

bear-uk
    Free Member

Resident peacock doing the dawn chorus at my place.

cinnamon_girl

I’m using an eye shade in conjunction with blackout linings on two windows. Eye shade is working pretty well along with the earplugs.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have streaming in sunshine from my spare room at sunrise.

I hope to see that beautiful sight right until my last wheezing breath escapes me.

globalti
    Free Member

Just get up and go for a ride. Dawn is the best time of the day.

Rosey fingered Dawn. Ooops.

weeksy

Not just me then 🙂 i feel better about the world knowing you lot are all a bit mental too 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Not me. 5.45 was hard enough this morning, although it was made significantly better when I stepped outside into gorgeous sunlight, birdsong and lush verdant woodland and rode to the station on deserted roads.

Although I must take issue with the people who say it’s the best time of the day. It’s not.

crikey
    Free Member

Try working all night then trying to sleep all sunny day; I’m off to bed now…

stevied
    Free Member

Rosey fingered Dawn

*sniggers*

molgrips
    Free Member

Try working all night then trying to sleep all sunny day

No ta!

Having said that I’ve just agreed to provide backup for someone else who’s working overnight from a Monday evening to a Tuesday morning, in return I get all Monday and Tuesday to myself in the vicinity of some great biking. Lovely 🙂

logical
    Free Member

yep up at 4am but not through sunrise mainly through Logical Jnr waking up for Boobie Juice so as I leave for work at 6 I get up too 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

there’s a 4……a.m.???!??

I sleep like an anaesthetised sloth. Much to Mrs Stoner’s chagrin.
    She wakes if mouse farts in the next village over.

paladin

I love it! Out on the bike, or out on the boat to catch lobsters. Home for brekkie then sit in the sun all morning. 😆

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Yeh wake up around 4:40am at the moment. Not great during the week but at the weekend I’m up and out on the bike early, 3-4hr road ride and home for 9am. Roads are quiet, lots of wildlife about, love it.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else getting woken up at 4am with sunrise???’ is closed to new replies.