Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone else getting the Epic TV ad over there >>>
  • ads678

….And is there any way of getting rid of it? It’s really annoying me now, some of the videos are good but I don’t want it playing constantly!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

premium subscription?
    Use one of the browser privacy setups that doesn’t track your history and as such will only generate random ads rather than ones that are linked to your browsing history?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hmm thread gone in 5, 4, 3…..

I was talking about browning anonymously…

Clobber
    Free Member

I was talking about browning anonymously…

I understand, it’s not something I would shout about either…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do Not track
    Not really it’s about not sending information to the 3rd parties that use it to track and sell you stuff, it’s got nothing to do with hiding for legal reasons.

Clobber
    Free Member

mikewsmith, I was only kidding based on your “browning” rather than “browsing”…

wwaswas

“browning”

well ads678 is going to be toast…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fair enough didn’t spot the typo, but check the rules; promoting the plug in you are is not allowed. The site needs revenue to run – it’s either ads or subscriptions.

ads678

Not sure what’s going on here, I’m sure I typed ad block, guess it’s been deemed as advertising or something.

Apologies, i didn’t mean to offend anyone 😕

Edit: Ok it keeps changing what i type to ‘freeload’. Again i really didn’t mean to do anything wrong. I guess i don’t really know much about these things. feel free to delete the thread.

😳

Mark

Please go read the rules regarding adblocking.

Site Terms & Conditions

The EpicTV player is not really advertising as it’s not trying to sell you anything other than the opportunity to watch some bike videos.

Premier users can turn off ads and leave the EpicTV player running
    Or they can turn ads off AND the EpicTV player.
    Most premier users have it running while ads are turned off.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

from ze rules http://singletrackworld.com/terms-and-conditions/

We ASK that you don’t act to remove the ads.. But it is just a request. But we WILL remove threads that promote the removal of the ads on our site and we WILL ban permanently any repeat offenders.

Nothing is free. The price you pay to use this site is the ads that are displayed on it. If you are a Premier User the annual cost of your account is used to generate the content that is made available to you. This fee does NOT contribute towards the upkeep of the website or the free to view content, such as news stories and reviews.

So in summary. Install ad blockers if you want. but don’t discuss it on our forum. But please consider the importance of the ads to the future of this free to use website before you take any action to prevent the ads on this site from displaying in your browser.

dragon
    Free Member

It’s bloody annoying that’s what it is. If it’s not selling anything then just put a link to it or something. I’ve quite liked Epic vids in the past but that there ——> means I won’t click on another one.

ads678

Apologies for the freeloading, I hadn’t thought of it like that. Hadn’t thought about it at all really.

I did have a payed for premier account and do buy the mag from time to time, but just don’t really want a subscription to it. I understand the site needs revenue, just didn’t want videos constantly playing in the back ground. Most of the actual ads don’t bother me, but the constant videos were distracting!!

Apologies again. Consider my wrist slapped!

rewski
    Free Member

Don’t see the issue, at least it’s targeted content

Mark

ads678

Have you considered a Premier Lite sub? £1.49/month and you get all the premier benefits of the site, including ad controls but without the mag content. It’s even cheaper if you choose the annual rate – less than 1/2p per day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else getting the Epic TV ad over there >>>’ is closed to new replies.