Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone else getting more spam since the hack?
  • MrSparkle

Just occurred to me after reading the ‘paypal’ thread that I seem to be getting an absolute sh1tload of spam these days and wondered if it was in any way related to the hacking? And, yes, I did do all the ‘AT’ and ‘DOT’ business for my email addy in my profile.

firestarter
    Free Member

yes i used to get non at all now im getting a few a week ;-(

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No.

AOL has a good spam filter. I always aget a bit, but there’s no more than there used to be.

peteimpreza

No, not here.

Harry_the_Spider

Today I was informed that people were trying to hack my paypal account and that I would have to confirm a few things to stop it. – I don’t have a paypal account.

Also I won the South African lottery, which was nice.

joe1983
    Free Member

Yep – I used to get zero spam, since the hack I get a few a day. I like to play with them though so I don’t mind.

MrSparkle

My works emial addy is supposed to have a spam filter but it must have some ****’ big holes in it. I am getting about 20 or 30 spam emails a day. Unless, of course, I’ve just upset someone… Surely not.

druidh
    Free Member

No change

TinMan
    Free Member

Yep – No change

househusband

Am told several times a day that I need a bigger, harder c0ck.

No change, then.

nickc

Bit more than usual

cranberry
    Free Member

No change for me.

Though recently the weasels at Carphone Whorehouse have got my email address from someone.

birdy
    Free Member

Get loads of annoying phishing emails to my work email address,(including paypal ebay etc).The only email though i had registered with STW at the time of the hack was my Gmail account, so i guess it must be co incidence.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

never got any before the hack. now get at least 5 a day from ebay*, paypal* and every fekking bank* there is

Got over 20 phishing mails the other day 😡

*not the real ones for the pedantic readers of this forum

MrsTricky
    Free Member

none before, none after, and my email address is only used for singletrack and nothing else

MrsT

emac65
    Free Member

Got a bit for a few days but it seems to have died off now…….

aP
    Free Member

I got a spam increase of a about tenfold as soon as I had my email published as a race organiser by BC.
    The email account I registered here gets none at all.

crazy-legs

No real change here although I’ve been told to check my non-existant Halifax and Abbey passwords a few times. Oh and I need to increase my love stick too apparently… They all go straight to Spam box though, my email has a good filter on it.

Militant_biker

I didn’t notice any more post-hack, in fact I reckon since Nov/Dec my yahoo spam has decreased about 5-fold.

jahwomble
    Free Member

no.

scraprider
    Free Member

2 x email s 1 for fam and friends and one for what ever shit that comes down the interweb , that get deleted as soon as i open it up , simple, no personal data , no threat, not saying that STW is dodgy or owt , just being carfull.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else getting more spam since the hack?’ is closed to new replies.