Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone else get randomly redirected to mobilerewards site when browsing?
  • druff
    Free Member

When browsing on my iPhone using the Chrome browser and not logged in I occasionally get redirected to a mobile rewards site. I assume the browser on a device can’t be infected by malware. I’m interested to know if it’s just me though.

Thanks, Dan.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Me too. It must be advertising, but it sucks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    druff
    Free Member

@jota180 — thanks — hadn’t seen that thread. Looks as though it’s being worked on.

Interestingly now that I’ve signed in, and as a subscriber who is able to switch off some ads, the problem seems to have ceased for now.

Dan.

Garry_Lager

I get it all the time on the phone with another site, but not this one. Assume its related to the ads, very annoying.

scaredypants

I used to get CRC ads popping up semi-randomly when the cursor got within half a yard or so (on pc)
    not sure if it was soerted as CRC ads … don’t seem to appear at all any longer

freddyg
    Free Member

Just started getting a pop asking me if I want “it” to remember my password. Every time I click on a link. A ‘back’ allows me to continue. V irritating.

Using dolphin browser on HTC Desire – Android 2.2.2

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Did someone report that last issue to the team? Looks very untrustworthy!

MrsToast
    Free Member

It’s a problem with the ad network – one of the adverts has a sneaky bit of javascript that hijacks the browsers on iOS and Android devices, meaning that to get rid of it you have to click through (not advisable) or force close the browser/reset the app.

It’s not STW’s fault, a lot of sites who use certain advertising suppliers are having the same problem, including Pistonheads, might be worth STW’s web guy and their web guy joining forces?

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1204635&d=12059.35460&nmt=#seperator

Only way to stop it is to disable JavaScript in your browser, but that kills a lot of functionality on a lot of sites.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah i get it on my phone using dolphin browser.. it’s very annoying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else get randomly redirected to mobilerewards site when browsing?’ is closed to new replies.