Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone else get a buzz out of
  • mikeyd
    Free Member

starting jobs that you might not be able to finish?

Todays: Discs and pads in the office car park with a 35mile commute home later and no other way of getting back.

Only came unstuck once before IIRC, had to drive to the garage without an auxiliary belt.

bigblackshed

Should you be getting on with some real office work?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I got pissed off (definately no buzz) out of changing the pads & discs on mine the other week. Offside disc would not budge even after I’d knocked 7 shades out of it with a big hammer for 40 mins. Took it up to my local garage thinking it would be easier on the ramp but even they had to cut the bloody thing off!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikeyd
    Free Member

“Should you be getting on with some real office work?”

Singletrack?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Your arse will be sticking out over the other space in the carpark, thereby occupying two spaces.

Think about that…

Thankless task changing discs and pads but better doing it now than pressing the stop peddle only to find not a fat lot happening.
    I say well done for picking this up, tell the other bloke who wants to park in that space next to you to go for a cup of tea instead.

Sandwich

That sort of thing can be ramped up by doing it on a Saturday nightshift. Not that I would have done such a thing, no not at all.

P-Jay
    Free Member

No hate it, I usually end up panicking and rushing until I break something.

burchill
    Free Member

I certainly get an adrenaline buzz from doing jobs like that using just the emergency jack!

mikeyd
    Free Member

I know, the “will I be crushed to death then found when my boss leaves” made it even better.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Once did a pad change on my morning teabreak (15mins). All good until I came to a junction and almost didn’t stop! (I forgot to pump the pedal once the pads were fitted, thus more slack to take up initially!)

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

It’s all electric now-a-days you can’t work on anything 🙂 Apart from all the mechanical bits 😆

Front pads and discs are usually a piece of piss. Some are ridiculously easy, takes longer to jack it up! Others need non standard sized 11 mm allen key or torx bits and a calliper wind back tool. Oh and when the discs are seized on, some serious precision brute force.

slowoldman

Your arse will be sticking out over the other space in the carpark, thereby occupying two spaces.

The other side too. That’s 3 spaces. Selfish sod, you should drive home without brakes and do it there.

goldfish24

I definitely understand what you mean by the buzz.
    I love the deep breath you take when you go past the point of no return;
    Slipping the cam belt off the pulley, where you’ve no off road space to do it so you’re in the road outside the house, on a Sunday, and it will be dark in 3 hours.

Cutting the radiator pipe, when the freeze kit only lasts 30 minutes… if you’re lucky

And so on…

jairaj

Was helping a friend replace the screen and battery on his sister’s phone last weekend. She had to leave in 1 hour to catch a flight and neither of us had done it before. I thought he was crazy to start the job but with You Tube’s help we finished with about 10 mins to spare!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else get a buzz out of’ is closed to new replies.