Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone else fallen off, banged your wrist?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I went OTB a week ago, landed on my face, many stitches etc. But I also broke my fall with my wrist a bit, or it seems that way.

There’s no obvious swelling, there’s a very very tiny amount of light bruising. The doctor in A&E said he didn’t think it was anything to worry about.

I’ve got a support for it, but whenever I push down with my wrist or pull something (i.e. getting up, or pulling a light switch) it’s painful.

From the anatomy diagrams it looks like a ulnar collateral injury, has anyone had similar, and how did you help recovery?

Did you bother with contrast baths, ice, elevation, massage, excercise? or just rest?

I’m off to the Alps in 3 weeks, so want to make sure I make as much of a recovery as possible.

(If off to doctors tomorrow for stitches to be taken out, but just wanted some help in the meantime – and I may book to see my physio if it’s worth it, if not, then I’ll keep that £25!)

Thanks,

Ricks

daftvader
    Free Member

Sounds like a tfcc injury to me (not a dr but had a tfcc injury which required an operation) definately use contrasting heat/ice and plenty of rest and brufen/voltarol gel. I would also talk to your phisio as wrist injuries can be an absolute ar $ e. I was off the bike for almost a year with mine. …

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers DV, it’s not painful at all when not pushing down, and there’s not much I can’t do. So I’m hoping surgery isn’t required.

I’ll book to see my physio tomorrow then to make sure I get as much help as possible.

daftvader
    Free Member

The pushing down thing is a bit of a give away. Hurts to push with a flat hand? Fingers crossed its just a bruised nerve. ..

rickon
    Free Member

Yes, but only mildly. It feels like a dull ache when pushing down, I’ve still managed to tubeless three wheels and replace the rockers on my 5Spot.

daftvader
    Free Member

Thatll sounds like a bruise then (I say again not a dr).. for me it was a sharp spikey pain and really bad. Still can’t use my hand flat on anything and thats post op….. best get the physio on it

chiefgrooveguru

I fell off and banged everything apart from my wrists, if that helps? 😉 My back is full of sore spots which twinge when I move or bump them. I’m just resting them, occasionally using a cold spray, taking ibuprofen.

rickon
    Free Member

What about your face? Maybe we could form together a single working person?

chiefgrooveguru

My face is perfect, as ever! 😛 (It’s the only part of me that was properly armoured up.)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else fallen off, banged your wrist?’ is closed to new replies.