Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone else extend their commute home?
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

As it was such a glorious day it was 15.1 miles in 67.1 miles home. Absolutely loved the views over the wolds. A great start to the weekend.

marvincooper

Yep. Only a little longer in distance but a nicer route than normal. What a perfect day for a bike ride!

rOcKeTdOg

no, coz i wasn’t at work, been riding in it all day though!

monkeychild
    Free Member

That’s cheating rocketdog 😉

simondbarnes

Yep. 46km in, 59km home. Was lovely (despite the evil headwind)

Almost home! #commute by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Stu_N

Yesterday I did. 25k in, 45k home. Best evening of the year so far.

crazy-legs

Occasionally, usually when I’m on the CX bike.
    Slightly marred by the fact that I hate riding with my rucksack on. I’ve come home, ditched the rucksack and gone straight out again but more often than not I think “oh I’ll just have a coffee before I head out again” and next thing it’s an hour later and I can no longer be bothered…

monkeychild
    Free Member

I left the rucksack at work 🙂

hjghg5
    Free Member

I usually extend the ride in rather than theride home but have been known to get home, swop bikes and go out again. Nothing today though, although there will be plenty of riding over the next 2 weeks as I’m now on holiday 🙂

orangeboy
    Free Member

Been a bit ill this week , so despite the sun it’s been a few days driving to work
    Not good at all
    But just been planing my first Sunday social road ride of the year as the weather is looking perfect

samuri
    Free Member

I wanted to but was so tired. Insomnia is a bitch. Had a nap when I got home.

I love it when I do though. An extra ten miles of offroad! With some of the sweetest singletrack known to man. Bit flat though.

DT78
    Free Member

I only ride in when I’m coming home the long way back….

3 miles in, 52 miles home.

garage-dweller

Weak as it sounds 17miles is far enough between me and the kids’ beddtime. I miss it so often in the week due to late nights at work and my regular night ride. I will occasionally go out at 900 for an hour or more afteeveryone else is in bed. Really like that time and go for the lit extra urban roads.

scaled
    Free Member

6 miles in, 18 miles home.

Should have stayed out for way longer but didn’t want to take the piss.

makeitorange
    Free Member

Yep, turned my 9 miles into 52. Was going to stop at 30 but decided to make the most of the weather and add an extra loop.

colournoise

Usually do when I ride in. 4km there, anything from 10km to 35km home.

Would love to ride anywhere right now though. Nearly 6 weeks off the bike and counting. Plan to tentatively try the turbo tomorrow to see if my knee will finally let me pedal a complete revolution.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else extend their commute home?’ is closed to new replies.