Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anyone else? Ebay ad hijacking the page
  • maccruiskeen

Theres an ebay ad which rather than displaying on the page is trying to take the browser out of the forum to a page on rover.ebay.com that only has the ad and nothing else on

I’ve email details to tech@stw but (accepting its the holidays) haven’t heard anything back

Safari flags that the page the ad is trying open doesn’t have an up to date security certificate – if you don’t allow it to continue it doesn’t jump to the ebay page but the ad also doesn’t load on the forum page either

Is this an is-this-just-me thing? (safari 7.1.5)

maccruiskeen

BUMP

I presume it is just me then. It would be nice to not have to keep preventing attempts to get bumped out of the forum with every time a page is refreshed

It only happens on the computers I have running the latest safari. An older machine still on OSX 10.5 just doesn’t load the ad at all.

martinhutch

Pudding?

fasthaggis

Stop following Woppit’s posts and it will vanish 😉

CountZero

Oddly enough, I’m not getting the huge ads swamping the page every time I open a new page, and c’n’p issues appear to have been sorted, since the last iOS update.
    However, not all in the garden is sparkly; now, when I try to paste something into a quote, IMG or Video box, it crashes the whole site!
    I work around by manually creating the ‘

[/quote]‘ myself.
    Bit of a PITA, but less of a PITA than those chuffing adverts! 😀

maccruiskeen

Stop following Woppit’s posts and it will vanish

I don’t think I have been following Woppits posts… I could now go and search through Woppits posts to see why, but what if doing that makes things twice as borked as they already are

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone else? Ebay ad hijacking the page’ is closed to new replies.