Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone else done this ?
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Went out on my local route from home yesterday,& came home to no keys, i’d popped em in my under seat saddle bag jobbie & they’d obviousley fell out !,thing is, i’d cut it fine to get back for the school run, so was panicking a bit, good thing is, the Mo in law lives localish ,& has a set,& I just wondered if anyone else is a dumb ass like me & lost em before !.

Maddening this is, I always put em in my camel back,& hang em on the loop in the pocket, for such said items, dumb **** me…

That’s what ya get wi rushing about & trying to get a cheaky ride in…agh well.

SirHC

I have a spare house key and car keys on a lanyard, lanyard gets tied around belt loop and keys in pocket, no chance of keys dissapearing!

benji
    Free Member

No, my butler lets me in when I return home, then cleans the bike and my kit ready for my next jolly jape out.

Lester
    Free Member

i hide keys to my house in someone elses front garden x 2. in next street
    no connection to my house and no big deal if they are found, never had to use it yet 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Went for a run once (that’ll teach me), dropped keys. Got home, realised. Spent 3 hours recovering the route, didn’t find them. Went to local shop, someone had handed them in within 5 minutes of me dropping them. Used a zip pocket whilst running thereafter! Or actually, didn’t do any running.

Never dropped them riding though – get better pockets.

tthew

On more than one occasion I’ve gone out without my keys then arrived home to find everyone else out too. Luckily both pairs of parents live nearby and have spares.

Except once, when I was younger and came back from canoeing still in my wetsuit and getting cold. Not a particularly secure front door, so I just smashed a small window and let myself in. Mum not impressed. 🙂

theteaboy
    Free Member

Lost my car key in a bog on Bleaklow when out running. Didn’t have a phone with me and ended up running 15 miles home.

Wife was just about to call out Mountain Rescue.

mst
    Free Member

Left my bunch of keys in the hotel in Amsterdam.Only realised when I got to my car at Birmingham airport.

AA called me a locksmith who opened it up to retrieve the spare key that I had inside. Only cost £80, but that was 12 years ago.

Now, I put the key on the loop on my laptop bag when I lock the car

slowoldman

The spare is under the plant pot over there.

jam-bo

I just leave the back door unlocked.

breadcrumb

I went for a quick 5k run one night. Got to halfway and nailed it back. No keys.
    I jogged back out and found them at the furthest point, so it turned out to be an exhausting 10k instead.

qwerty
    Free Member

nealglover
    Free Member

Qwerty, if you use one, I hope it’s well hidden.

Takes about 10 seconds to break into one of those.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Got home from ride the other day – to find the door wide open!! Heart in mouth time 8) ! I’d not closed it properly. 🙁 fortunately I got away with it.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I don’t lock my door.

I don’t lock my car either which led to half an hour of de-icer and boiling water one cold morning when someone unwittingly did.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Qwerty, ive thought about one of those, and like neilglover says, its no deterant, I think the plant pot/hiding it somewhere is the key , no pun intended !.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else done this ?’ is closed to new replies.