• This topic has 237 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Simon.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 238 total)
  • Anyone else doing the King & Queen of the Hill (Scottish Open) Enduro
  • sourmix
    Free Member

No Zorro then, boooo! 😉

Really hoping there is some sort of extra off piste stuff to make up three stages on the GT side but looking increasingly like just the four stages now?

yacoby
    Free Member

As long as they have the same sort of awesome Cademuir stages I am not fussed about the GT side. I tend to do far better (ranking wise) on the Cademuir stuff as well. I can’t ride spooky wood to save my life.

bigjim

ho chi mink looks odd without the trees

sourmix
    Free Member

So does brown trout, which is officially ruined!

Northwind

Has broon troot been felled? Hadn’t heard about that incoming

coogan
    Free Member

Went passed the end of Broon Troot on Wednesday and plenty trees there, must have felled it all pretty quick if it has been! Last time I did Broon Troot it wasn’t as good as it used to be as there have so many new lines taking the easy route round trees, just wasn’t the same. Shame.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Broon troot hasnt changed in the slightest, went down there today,there has bee some “racing” lines been cut but think they may be blocked off for next week

sourmix
    Free Member

Sorry just meant there’s a few trees taken out since last time I was there a year or so ago. Plus the short cuts and the fact it’s been so heavily ridden have rather spoiled it in my view. 🙁

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Any details on event timing yet? Was expecting an email with a few details by now, trying to sort out ditching the kids!

bigjim

Broon troot was pretty today different since I last rode it a few months ago, the woodwork has been removed, there are some new strava/endooro lines, the left hand switchback with the logs has been improved and I think there has been some filling in, certainly it runs more fast and flowy, I quite like it. People need to use the original line near the top with the right hand 90 degree turn with the big root though, its fast disappearing.

Northwind

Yeah, the log thing got trailfairied a while back as the logs were rotten (don’t know what else was done as I wasn’t there). There’s been some efforts to block in strava lines but, well, you know.

scoobmw
    Free Member

Was also down BT yesterday, and while the wood has gone that didn’t make a great deal of difference I didn’t think (apart from stopping and wondering where I was – dummy – having just ridden through where the first bits of wood normally were). I thought it was running ok, but maybe I never noticed all the new lines … just ride it the same way generally. Still a good run down the hill. Was pretty slidy though – the rain has returned these trails to normal 🙂

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The event video is out now as well. Really enjoyed filming this, except when I pringled myself. I’m 3rd rider, and 2nd when we split over the rock drop.

[video]http://vimeo.com/103348715[/video]

Northwind

Cool vid that, some class riding! And dry trails even.

Taz

Any more word or random speculation on the trails 🙂

Hoping to do a ride this week and was thinking

Spooky – BB – BT ( Any thought on full spooky or down the off piste to ~ 3rd down)

EWS Lang Whang (stage 4 day 2)

Cademuir (stage 4 & 5 from last years event)

philbert31
    Free Member

I’m definitely starting to look forward to it now, its a while since I’ve ridden up there so its gonna be fun! What kind of overall loop distance is it likely to be?

Deveron53
    Free Member

Looking at the weather… mud tyres, wetsuits and snorkels. But you’re using rule 5 so what do I know (I hate mud, that’s what I know!)

legend
    Free Member

Mud tyres on Spooky Woods and Betty Blue (+ whatever other main trails are used)? Think I’d rather walk….

Northwind

Weather doesn’t look too bad- last year we had snow in the week before the race 😆 Races like that with a mix of hard and soft are what god gave you the Baron for.

(PS, 650b-havers, nyah nyah)

philbert31
    Free Member

I think im gonna stick a magic mary on the front, seems to pretty good in mud and everything else?

bigjim

If i was doing it I’d put my baron on the front based on the off piste last weekend. Have fun y’all

BoardinBob

I’ll be sticking with my trusty Chunky Monkey/ Smorgasbord combo. Has been fine in all the Scottish Enduro rounds so far plus the EWS.

Northwind

philbert31 – Member

I think im gonna stick a magic mary on the front, seems to pretty good in mud and everything else?

Not so convinced on hard stuff tbh, I used mine for the laggan ses because of bad planning, dragged like an anchor and only gripped well on stuff it could get its teeth into. Was good in the dust and loam and I think it’ll be great in soggy wintery stuff though. Good tyre like but a bit more specific.

My recommendation for stages we don’t know about in weather that we’re guessing about is… wavy lines. No, pentagram.

legend
    Free Member

With a semi-slick out back of course

bigjim

anyone doing the inners round of the scottish series in october?

philbert31
    Free Member

I suppose it is just guess work at the moment..

BoardinBob

anyone doing the inners round of the scottish series in october?

Yes, doing the entire series.

Northwind

BoardinBob – Member

Yes, doing the entire series.

Same here, should be interesting to see what they come up with, last one turned things on their head a bit.

(this is the point where I slide down the rankings, since all the rounds so far count- but from here on in the dropped rounds start coming into effect!)

BoardinBob

Same here

You’re my nemesis on Roots And Rain 😉

Northwind

Hah. You can’t be very good then, if I’m your nemesis :mrgreen:

BoardinBob

I’m abysmal, but I’m less abysmal than I was at the start of the year so at least I’m moving in the right direction

Northwind

I think I’m getting worse, every race teaches me a new thing to do wrong.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Ive been running a magic mary last 2 weeks at GT, quite a lot of the off piste stuff and Im not convinced,Ive been running hans dampf combo last 2 years and cant see by it, I took the magic mary off last night and put Hans Dampf back on for sunday,feel it “moulds” around stuff better, probably talking nonsense but it s chance Im gonna take I think 😀

philbert31
    Free Member

I was never a fan of the HDs, I’ve been using the Front tyre the Crossmax wheels came , its pretty good but it clogs up pretty bad if its muddy which is a bit of a worry for the weekend.

ski78

I’m booked in, looking forwards too it, course and format were allot of fun last year.

moonsaballoon

This is my first enduro and i am wondering what people do to make the most of practice , i have ridden the trail center stuff at GT plenty of times ( one of the reasons i entered was to see a bit more of the place ) so my original plan was to just practice the stuff i have never ridden but looking at the trail center closures that will still leave me quite a lot to ride on the sat ! would riding the course once be enough ? i suppose that is the whole point of it

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

im bricking it a bit now

ski78

Last year I rode each stage once. Decided they are so long you’ll never remember the whole lot.

I just tried to focus on learning the lay of the land; how steep, how pedally, and it seemed to work for me. It was a big day out, and doing the Sat and Sun had me shattered!
    I think I’ll stick to the same plan, maybe take even more time on the Saturday and just cruise round.

goodgrief
    Free Member

I’m going to clumsily batter my way round a full lap early doors so I can get back home and watch the WC finals.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

not sure the course opens before about 9am. what time are the WC finals on? elite mens at least? i heard they may be showing it at the Tontine Hotel?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 238 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else doing the King & Queen of the Hill (Scottish Open) Enduro’ is closed to new replies.