Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Anyone else considering doing a Reggie Perrin?
  • ctk
    Free Member

Spare a thought for my 5 y o who hates school and goes back tomorrow as well. 🙁

Sonor
    Free Member

Twenty-two minutes late to the thread, badger ate a junction box at New Malden.

I wish the badgers would eat all of New Malden.

Esme
    Free Member

Smouldering badger . . . Life imitates Art 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Esme – Member
    Smouldering badger . . . Life imitates Art

May as well just turn off the internet now. That’s brilliant!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m not a Sri Lanka person

orangeorange
    Free Member

Every single day,without fail.To the point its almost arranged bar a few minor details,just awaiting that final straw to break the camel’s back…..
    Could be mid-life crisis too I guess ,either way I’ve definitely lost my sparkle and have never been this snappy and unfulfilled.

batfink
    Free Member

It’s a bit alarming to hear how many peoples anxiety dreams, even as adults, are about school exams! 22 years later and still having nightmares? I wonder if that counts as PTSD?

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I think the basic problem is that we are just not meant to work in offices. for many years I worked in offices for other people and I was never happy. Admittedly redundancy forced my hand a couple of years ago but going self employed has reduced my stress levels enormously. True, I can barely afford to scratch my own backside these days but the fact that every day is different and I’m in charge (sort of) has helped massively. Sounds like the OP needs to make a few decisions about what sort of thing will make them happy. Being in a well paid job but working yourself into a breakdown is not a good place to be.

JulianA
    Free Member

The last dream I can remember (several indistinct ones in between) involved being told off by someone in authority for having unburied dead bodies in a car and the bodies falling apart when we tried to move them. No blood or rotting flesh problems, though.

No client to go to tomorrow. (The two things are not connected.)

miketually
    Free Member

Oh and the running around school not knowing where to go dream is a recurring one for me as well. It is always Tuesday afternoon for some reason. I’ve lost my timetable, gone out of class, but everyone has disappeared. I don’t know what lesson it is or where it is. I never find it, despite bumbling into upteen other lessons and getting yelled at by a succession of the scariest teachers I ever had.

I have similar dreams now. I’m a teacher.

crapjumper
    Free Member

I haven’t had a dream for years . You lucky barstewards 🙂

badnewz
    Free Member

I agree with Big Dave. Office jobs are the pits.

Del

I didn’t get where I am today wondering what life’s all about.

chewkw
    Free Member

Big Dave – Member
    Being in a well paid job but working yourself into a breakdown is not a good place to be.

^^^ This.

Worst, once it gets to your health or create health related problem(s) you are basically in no-man’s land and will be caught in the limbo. Poor health and unable to work mean you will only eat into your saving very quickly …

Better earn less but very happy with good health.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well in 3 months I get to take my Aussie Citizenship, at that point it might be time to make some decisions. It opens up NZ, I was working on a chance to go work in the States for a bit then there is always back home. There are plenty of days where I wonder how long it would take before some people noticed I was living on the other side of the world

Wookster

I’ve worked over Christmas, but Know how you feel, big restructure where I work, three of the six doing my job were “unsuccessful” which resulted in the remaining three covering the work, not much fun on a rolling 12hr shift.

I’ve started to get really snappy, vacant, lethargic all not good signs really. I manage to get really sick in my last role Ashe company, went for the career big time, 70+ hours at work, didn’t see my Wife Kids mates, stopped riding my bike, and in the end broke down, took me six months to get my head back together with lots of support from my wife, changed role, similar level in the business, but with fixed breaks due to the shift. But I’m not happy, and recently I’ve felt myself sliding again, extra hours, mainly nights haven’t helped I feel like I’m staying at a B&B rather than a part of my family.

It’s a tough position to be in we all need to work, and the issue is do you just want to do “anything else” or actually go do something that you think would be more fulfilling, but you’ll end up being miserable again.

Well that’s my dilemma anyway!!

On the plus side I’ve managed not to do a Falling Down impression just yet!!

dannyh
    Free Member

plus another one where I’m trying to make a phone call but keep dialling the wrong number or the phone doesn’t work

Damn it – how do all you people know my dreams – another one that crops up from time to time (not as often as one where I can’t find the school lesson, though).

One thing at a time – got to properly update my CV first.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Got halfway down the first page before realising that Reggie Perrin is not Ronnie Pickering.

I might do a Ronnie…

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m jacking in work next month to go travelling for 6 months. Does that count for a mini Perrin?

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else considering doing a Reggie Perrin?’ is closed to new replies.