Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone else camping in the rain?
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

If the Queens celebrations had been a week earlier, it would have been hot and sunny!

Never mind… sitting drinking cider it is again today then 😆

chojin
    Free Member

I was meant to be camping tonight and tomorrow in Brockenhurst. The forecast storms have put paid to that 🙁

ciderinsport
    Free Member

chojin – Member

I was meant to be camping tonight and tomorrow in Brockenhurst. The forecast storms have put paid to that

Storms, what storms 😆

Another day of sitting drinking… it’s a hard life!

wwaswas

It’s people with young kids who’ve camped this week I feel sorry for…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

But the joy of wifi in the tent is keeping my two happy!

40mpg

Storms, what storms

Explain this then:

And having wrecked our marquee you have the gall to txt us all for money to buy another!

Enjoy your camping 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thats why I got a van…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

And having wrecked our marquee you have the gall to txt us all for money to buy another!

Are but that was yesterday before the rain and wind! Forward planning for mayhem! Had this feeling it might not survive the wind and rain of what is bound to be a soggy weekend there!!

It was held down with a storm strap too 🙁

peterfile
    Free Member

i was camped in glorious sunshine on Skye all weekend.

was it bad everywhere else?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. storms..erm it’s totally pee’ing it down here at the Mo’, you chose well young one by staying at home.
    Brokenhurst as lovely as it is, in the rain it’s just as miserable as anywhere else in the rain, except it’s in the NF and a lovely area, but then it’s still raining right, so no where to dry clothes out and soggy socks and pants aren’t sexy, well they maybe but not if they are covered in mud and rain water, but then some may like that, some won’t of course, but dripping waterboarding drops from the inside of the tent aren’t condusive to a good nights whatever you may get up to, sleep or otherwise, and what with kids n all, you’ll still get sticky fingers everywhere, some may like that, some won’t, it depends on what type of sticky fingers you have I guess, but it’s still raining right and windy, some may like the wind (I do) and hate the rain (I do) some may like both, if you like both and like tenting I’d suggest Brockenhurst as it’s pee’ing down and windy*

Ok, let me clarify, I’m up the coast a bit so can’t actually see down Christchurch Bay, but from here in Bouyland, it’s windy and rainy.

Brrrrrr.

restless
    Free Member

I am in St ives Cornwall with my 3 kids and it is like a winter storm today. Gale force winds and rain. Can’t do anything cuz its so bad.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cliff top walking is popular down that way I’m told.

40mpg

Will be riding round Brockenhurst tonight. I’ll report back on how the campers are faring at Hollands Wood campsite when I get to the nice warm pub for cider and free chips 😀

restless
    Free Member

He he we might fly away. My youngest sons pushchair definately would! Just cannot believe how windy it is at this time of year. Hope the gales don’t travel to my hometown because I left our gazebo up in the garden, it will take off 🙁

mrdestructo

Will be camping near the Peaks all through August. We predict solar chargers aren’t going to be much cop this British Summer.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Camping in the rain? Goodness gracious me no. The spandex would never survive.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Our campsite!!

2012-06-07_14-07-05_593 by ciderinsport, on Flickr

Stopped raining now, but a tad windy instead 🙄

onehundredthidiot

Just popped back to the house for a shower and for “open viewing” evening. Will be heading back to the camp site at 9 to join two very wet DofE groups. Think I’ll take the staff there beer and a chippie.

the-muffin-man

My last 5 camping trips have been in the pouring rain – we’re going upmarket now and have rented a static caravan for our ‘summer’ hols! Can’t see the tent coming out at all this year.

loddrik
    Free Member

Me and kids have spent most of the last few days camping in back garden.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Yeh!!

At last the wind has eased, the rain stopped, and the sun is out 😆

Just had a superb bbq (washed down with cider 😉 )

Dobbo

At last the wind has eased

Calm before the storm, use the time wisely, batten down the hatches, dig trenches, move away from trees, the big ones coming.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Calm before the storm, use the time wisely, batten down the hatches, dig trenches, move away from trees, the big ones coming.

Thanks for the optimism! Off to the pub at the end of the field when it opens 😀

Still nice here!

CountZero

My tent’s still in the car boot from last weekend, ‘cos its been too chuffin’ wet to take it out to air it and properly dry it out. Tomorrow should be nice and dry, so should get it sorted before rolling it up.
    Hopefully… 😕

MikeG

Just got back from (most of) a week in the New Forest, left Thursday evening after returning to the site to find most of it under 6″ of water and our trailer tent awning trying to fly 8O.
    At least the wind meant that the canvas was dry by the time we’d packed up 😆

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Hey, mikeg, what site?

neninja
    Free Member

Spent a few damp days on North York Moors – got back yesterday. Was ok during the days with rain in an evening and at night.

Had to pack up in torrential rain though so now have the fun of drying every thing which is tricky as it’s forecast to keep on raining.

CountZero

Managed to get my tent spread out this morning, still had raindrops on it from Monday! And a couple of live spiders…
    Wind and sun dried it out nicely, but trying to roll the bloody thing back up to go in its bag was a fail, the wind kept blowing the damn thing open. Still, it’s dry now, tidy packing can wait. 😀

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else camping in the rain?’ is closed to new replies.