Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Anyone else building a bike tonight then?
  • binners

My new (very very orange) Pace frame’s up on the workstand in the kitchen. I’ve a pile of parts all over the floor. There’s plenty of beer in the fridge, the radio’s on. I’m covered in oil and grease already. The hammer has already been called into play

Everything is at one with the world. All going to plan it’ll be christened round Calderdale on Sunday 🙂

Anyone else?

ton

in my head………..always bike building 8)

simonm
    Free Member

you don’t have a partner do you….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

he does, mark is knitting in the lounge 😀

ton

😉

cinnamon_girl

Building a bike? Whatever for? There’s too much arguing discussions going on in the Chat Forum. 🙄

Andy

Saving my next build for xmas day 😀 Am I ‘eck doing the familly thing. Me and the dog are staying at home! 8)

wwaswas

I’m told that my new carbony frame may be posted on Monday.

In my head I’m already riding it.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

adam, i think i realised that earlier in the year you rode past me in chorlton one afternoon (you have/had an intense, right?) and neither of us recognised/let on. what time you out sunday? i could be tempted…

forge197
    Free Member

Was last night with a drive train upgrade.

Wally

Sure am!
    Every part is 2nd hand and mostly from here.
    Frame+forks+seatpost+headset+saddle = £155.
    Can you guess the beer?

How can I get a spacer to lower the forks for more clearance on the albert select knob?

firestarter
    Free Member

im building some 46mm rimmed wheels. shame its in my head still tho ;-( must find cheap bits

taka
    Free Member

im building my old school marin up for the next few nights stealing parts of everyone else’s bikes to build my monster

binners

Chat forum? I’ve no time for any of that nonsense 🙂

The frame was bought off here and powder coated. Most of the parts off the classifieds. Its going to be a burly mullerfunker. Winter hardcore hardtail sillyness. Yay!!! If my odds and sods turn up from CRC tomorrow I’m laughing. its only been 2 weeks 🙁

We’re thinking of a leisurely start on Sunday fella if you fancy it.

And Ton – Hora’s doing his pelvic floor exercises in the front room with a sweet sherry 😉

ton

😆 much!

sambob
    Free Member

Collecting my first FS frame tomorrow. Gonna build it on christmas day if i have all the bits 🙂

peachos
    Free Member

adam, i think i realised that earlier in the year you rode past me in chorlton one afternoon (you have/had an intense, right?

is this the same intense i often see doing the school run around Longford Park/Ryebank Road with kiddie trailer in tow???

not bike building tonight, but it is one of my fave friday night pastimes, hard to beat when combined with a few cold uns and some tunes cranking in the background.

i’ve posted it before, but here’s a wee video i made of one such session:

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/14684553[/video]

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I built another bike this evening.

ivantate
    Free Member

was building my orange blue pig earlier.

3 days for delivery on my CRC order this week.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Er . . . sheepishly puts hand up 😳 . There seem to be a lot of us at it . . . just finished mine 😛

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ha ha! Yeah, but you’re always building up a new tiny bike, Mama! 😆

binners

Peachos. Thats me fella. The girls like to travel in style 🙂

Nice vid

peachos
    Free Member

haha nice one mate, i’ll give you a nod next time – usually running late into work on a SS road/rat commute bike.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Awaiting the delivery of a new frame beginning of next week. Suitably burly, got the forks already…

epicyclo

I’ve been faffing around with tubes trying to come up with the perfect frame 🙂

markrh
    Free Member

Re-building an old reign frame earlier today after seeing one on the back of a car up at Cannock chase bought back memories of how good it was. Most of the bits found lying around shed (its a bitsa bike) All i need now is a gear cable and the job is a good one.
    The older I get the more I enjoy going down to the shed and throwing something together out of odd bits and bobs to revive an old bike, okay they might look like wreaks but I get a real kick out of riding them, think it’s because its a guiltless pleasure(no money spent but something new to ride, sort of), wished i’d kept more old frames…

binners

I’ll look out for you fella. Not tempted by any of our South Manchester Massive local Mersey Nightrides/pub/kebab sessions? I’d recommend them.

Its all coming together nicely folks. Time for another beer methinks 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Where are the pics? Orange stuff rocks! 8)

peachos
    Free Member

yeah i’ll keep my eyes peeled for the next one and try to get along to it!

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Buliding mine to in the living room (Ventana El Ciclon), though taking it really slooooooooowly. Chainstay protector fitted (used bike inner tube). Not rushing at it as remaining parts won’t be in my sweaty palms until after Xmas 🙂

binners

Nice one peachos. You could even have the honour of meeting Hora himself. Though I can’t promise anything 😉

mamadirt. I’ll wait til its finished then do the tedious ‘look what i just built thread’

binners

Its very very orange though. You’ll like it 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Its very very orange though

Mine too 😛

richen987
    Free Member

not building, but just bought a nicolai frame, currently sat on the other sofa looking damn fine. looking forward to the christmas holiday so i can build her up.
    good luck with yours nothing beats building a bike for the weekend

binners

I now stink of GT85. Thats it for the evening. Nearly done. Its a bike shaped object anyway. If my delivery from CRC arrives tomorrow the Calderdale is looking like a goer for Sunday. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else building a bike tonight then?’ is closed to new replies.