Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone else bothered to watch 'The lives of others'?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

About three hours of German subtitles, a good film but hard work, I felt fine about Das boot, but this pushed me a bit to much, did I miss something (the subtitles where fast) or was it a 'bridge to far', I sussed the plot after a while, but i still felt compelled to watch it to the end, what did you think?

robgarrioch

One of my favourite films in recent years, this – saw it at the flix when it came out, & it had me deep in thought for days.
    If you don't mind subtitles, try 'Tell No-One' (the only film I've watched where my heart was beating so hard I could feel it quicken!). Apologies if you've seen it already. I've friends who refuse to even try subtitled films, not even Amelie – they're missing out big time.

johnners
    Free Member

I loved it, but it's a slow build. 137 minutes BTW, a fair way short of 3 hours. It was obviously dragging a bit for you…

ononeorange

I really enjoyed it, and I've really enjoyed a lot of German cinema in recent years – Sophie Scholl, the Edukators, Downfall, etc

DrJ

Watched Downfall last night – fantastic, and with extra sound-effects from the people upstairs doing their usual "Russian artillery" mode of walking round their flat 🙁

flamejob
    Free Member

Great film… I can also recommend Good Bye Lenin for a similar feel with a more comic underpinning.

mrsflash
    Free Member

It's one of GF's favourite films. I started watching it with him and fell asleep, I haven't yet been forgiven.

ononeorange

Good-Bye Lenin – forgot that one, hilarious!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else bothered to watch 'The lives of others'?’ is closed to new replies.