Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone else being bothered by glaring sheep?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It’s starting to do my head in of late, perhaps it’s to do with lambing season? But as soon as they see you on a bike, there’s a pattern:

1) Rippling chorus of absolutely terrified baaaing, as if seemingly a heard of blood drooling gorgons had just crested the top of the hill.

2) Ewes and said lambs scuttling away in that haphazard and panicky stupid way that only sheep can do.

3) And then…. THE GLARING. Just glaring right back at you, a field of unblinking, ceaselessly accusatory eyes.

Really harshes my mellow, man.

Chill out sheep, it’s just me on my bike.

edd

eh?

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Quite a few years back I was walking up the Dumyat side of Menstrie Glen in the Ochils and saw a paraglider land on the other side of the glen. A whole load of sheep came from all over that part of the hillside and formed a perfect circle around the paraglider as he was packing up his ‘chute. He had about 10 feet of space between him and the gauntlet of sheep, all glaring at him. I was glad I was on the opposite side of the glen, it just seemed too creepy and menacing for my liking.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Andy-R

Around here they often snort and stamp, rather than run away. It’s just because they’ve got lambs…..

Onzadog
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0gEDUDmZkyc&v=0gEDUDmZkyc&gl=GB[/video]

paul4stones

Lol at bazookajoe. Don’t know why I should find that quite so funny.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Protective mothers isn’t it.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

be careful they can break your arm.
    Or maybe thats swans?….

psychle
    Free Member

Some ironical advertising from Google on the right —->

sheep by ten_sim, on Flickr

Those two look pretty scary and belligerent to me!

project
    Free Member

One of the routes i use goes through a farmyard sometimes the farmer brings the cows in for milking, they stop and stare at me, and other cyclists.

I said to the farmer one day, when they stare at you, i always think theyre either jealous they cant ride bikes anymore,as theyre reincarnated cyclists, and feel so jealous, they died.

The farmer just said some swear words and now when he sees me fails to make eye contact, and seems to run away infront of his cows, who still stare.

jools182
    Free Member

stupid animals

good job they taste good 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Lol @ project.. 😆

I can’t help looking at the little lambs and thinking how tasty they all look. So, perhaps, those ewes are really on to something with all that glaring.

z1ppy

Had a very strange encounter last night, two sets of eye starring @ me as I did a decent, two high (tall) to be sheep/fox and they did eventually scarper as I approached.. well they moved off a bit then stopped again to stare back @ us again. Turned out to be two female deer, not seen proper deer (not montjac) this side of the severn before (only in the wyre previously) – I imagine there a bit lost.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

Or…. if you get lost and stray into a field of bulls (previously hiding out of site behind a stone wall), who rapidly round on you, and stand staring at you with evil eyes. Shat myself.

Later, a farmer friend said they probably thought I was the guy who was going to feed them. I said to him “But you didn’t see their eyes!”.

Had to back out the way I came, bike on shoulder, back over a stile.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

A few years back going around Nant yr Arian we were confronted by a rather pumped up looking lamb, . . . he was a proper bruiser, staring us down and everything . . . .

a shout of mint sauce didn’t even put him off!!

bullheart
    Free Member

Anyone for a key ring?
    😉

xcgb
    Free Member

Anyone for a key ring?

Perhaps you could borrow one?

hels
    Free Member

See this evolution thing. How come cool stuff like dragons didn’t survive ? You would think they had a good chance with all those teeth and claws and breathing fire and all that. What survives ? Sheep. Stupid witless, only taste good when young. Darwin really didn’t think it through properly.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Take a dog with you to chase them off. That should sort it…
    😉

brakes
    Free Member

don’t see many wild sheep though do you hels?

fergal
    Free Member

You can hardly blame them when they see an apex predator coming over the hill on a ridged single speed, scary monsters!.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else being bothered by glaring sheep?’ is closed to new replies.