• This topic has 37 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Anyone else been waiting a lifetime for an Alpine frame?
  • endurokid
    Free Member

So,

After waiting 5 weeks and several delays I was told today of another 3 week wait, screw that, cancelled my order, as a result I’ve missed out on 5 weeks worth of riding and I’ve had to cancel my Scotland trip next week. I’ve also bought a new E Thirteen chain guide (£115) that I can’t return to CRC as I’ve had it too long, pretty pissed with Orange, can’t believe they expect people to wait 2 months for a frame, absolute joke.

Thanks Orange for ruining what’s left of my summer.

Won’t be buying British again.

winch
    Free Member

Yup, what feels like a lifetime but is in fact no longer than has been promised from day 1. Arriving next week and can’t bloody wait.

Thanks Dialled, gonna be one hell of an Autumn.

I’ll be buying British/Taiwanese again.

zilog6128

I’ve also bought a new E Thirteen chain guide (£115) that I can’t return to CRC as I’ve had it too long

CRC give you a year for returns

Won’t be buying British again.

bit melodramatic innit?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Thanks Orange for ruining what’s left of my summer.

Yup, what feels like a lifetime but is in fact no longer than has been promised from day 1. Arriving next week and can’t bloody wait.

Thanks Dialled, gonna be one hell of an Autumn.

Made me chuckle

amplebrew

If it was a bike I really wanted, I’d wait the extra 3 weeks. Especially if I’d already waited 5 weeks.

3 weeks is really no time at all.

endurokid
    Free Member

Told me 2 weeks from date of order, that turned to another 3 week delay which has turned in to another 3 weeks delay. Nice

moniex
    Free Member

Sounds a bit like another British company, norton. My brother in law ordered a new norton motorbike, only for the delivery date to be put forward again and again (by months). Cancelled the order in the end.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I think two different frames are being talked about here right?

The new Dialled Alpine and the Orange Alpine.

endurokid
    Free Member

Yep, I’m talking about the Orange version!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I think two different frames are being talked about here right?

The new Dialled Alpine and the Orange Alpine.

Spoilsport.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha whoops erm …… Yeah damn Orange.

Did that cover it up?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

8) 😆

rickt
    Free Member

Have you called them direct ??

seanodav
    Free Member

No? i got mine a week after i ordered it. just had endless bother trying to convert my wheel, certain shops package conversion kits with wrong end caps 🙄

Olly
    Free Member

I bought my last frame from the states (cant get them over here anymore i dont think) so had it shipped over. I could view its progress on the interwebs. watched the damn thing bobbing across the atlantic for a good few days. i reckon they rowed it over.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Olly, can’t get what over here anymore?

Dialled and Orange are both available here.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yup that would piss me off. I’d have cancelled too, plenty of other frames available immediately.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If you’ve cancelled yours It’ll be less waiting for someone else. You’re happy, they’ll be happy, win win!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Do you want it? Then hang on and accept that things in bikeworld don’t always go quite according to plan.

Are you not too worried? Then cancel.

I really don’t see the problem.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@endurokid you might be one if the only people on here with no bike, what’s happened to your prior bike/frame ? You sold that before the Alpine arrived, seems a high risk manoeuvre especially over the summer ?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat waiting on a (dialled) alpine and I’m bikeless too.

Not really a risky manoeuvre as I had to sell the old frame to fund the new one.

endurokid
    Free Member

@jambalaya,

I had a beautiful Enduro and a sweet little 456 summer season, both sold prior to my Alpine order to fund the new frame/parts, not risky as I needed the money and thought a two week wait was perfectly acceptable, what isn’t acceptable is both Orange & the dealership knew it wouldn’t be two weeks and kept delaying, no one had the decency to ring me, I had to do all the chasing, 8 weeks isn’t acceptable, plus if I waited I’m almost certain it would be delayed again.

Looks like I’m going back to my original idea of a Covert.

kayak23

MoseyMTB – Member

I’m in the same boat waiting on a (dialled) alpine and I’m bikeless too.

I noticed this from Dialled Bikes Facebook page a day or so ago…

“Dialled Bikes
    Good news for all the Dialled Bikes Alpine pre-order customers who have been waiting patiently for their frames to arrive. Just had notification that they are clearing customs this week and will be delivered to DBHQ on Monday AM. Customers can therefore expect to have them by Thursday/Friday next week (overseas customers during the following week).

Not all frames are pre-ordered, so we will have stock ready to send out towards the end of next week”.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, woooooo hopefully I can get out next weekend.

Everything else has been sat ready looking pretty 🙂

roverpig

Somebody on here has been waiting months for a Rocket. Plenty of folk in the queue for a Whyte T129. Just two examples of many I’m sure. It happens and if it’s not in stock the delivery date is always a guess. But I hope you enjoy whatever you do get as much.

compositepro
    Free Member

I recall norton were taking folks money though with no chance of supplying a product sure someone in the industry said their suppliers wouldnt deal with em any more and one was the engine supplier there were lots of pages in one of the bike rags saying the same

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You obviously didn’t really want it that badly, 8 weeks isn’t long?. I won’t tell you how long I’ve waited for my frame, but it’s WAY longer than that.

endurokid
    Free Member

There are other bikes that will do the job just as good as the Alpine, like the Covert that I’ll be getting Wednesday, less than a week.

@roverpig, cheers 🙂

legend
    Free Member

This sort of thread confuses me a bit, do people not chose bikes/frames for specific reasons?

You’ve gone from a relatively lightweight single pivot, to a relatively heavy (iirc) faux bar link. The geometry/fit of the two will be quite different too – seems an odd to me

endurokid
    Free Member

I wanted various things from the bike, 142×12 axle, tapered head, ISCG 05 mounts, 160mm, various bikes ticked those boxes, plus I liked the look of both bikes, and they’re designed to do the same thing essentially, only really went for the Alpine as it was a 2014 model, I’m sure either bike will serve me well.

I’m used to how the faux bar works and like the feel tbh.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I have both a Dialled Alpine and an Orange Alpine. The Orange is orange, the Dialled is not.

My other half’s Giant is actually quite small, and her Cube is quite curvy.

So much confusion!

thomthumb
    Free Member

not sure i’d be buying dodo wheels.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

After waiting 5 weeks and several delays I was told today of another 3 week wait

and thats a lifetime? 😆

i’d had a Turner frame warranty take 6 months until it reached me – if they don’t have them, you don’t get them

pussywillow
    Free Member

thomthumb – Member
    not sure i’d be buying dodo wheels.

With a name like that, you ought to! Look even dafter than half the muppets on here buying into all this waggon wheel shit! 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Part & parcel of choosing a handbuilt bike (welded by a bloke in Halifax) & not something churned out on a production line, innit?

legend
    Free Member

It is churned out of a production line, just a slow one, involving some bloke in Halifax

endurokid
    Free Member

Before I placed my order I rang the shop to see how long it would take, I was told 2 weeks, perfectly acceptable, to then receive a call a few days later saying it’ll be more like 5 isn’t, the shop told me they had people waiting weeks before I placed my order so they knew full well it wasn’t going to be 2 weeks, so, after waiting 5 weeks to then get told it’ll be another 3 wasn’t good enough.

Anyway, I got myself sorted and bought the frame I originally set out to buy before the Alpine, I’m sure my riding will be the same with either bike.

JoeG
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey – Member

My other half’s … Cube is quite curvy.

Is that some sort of euphemism ? 😉

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else been waiting a lifetime for an Alpine frame?’ is closed to new replies.