Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Anyone else bed-bound and circling the plughole?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hope everyone’s got candles lit.

Balloon release scheduled for the morning after his first post. Bless him.

#pray4Sasquatch

Stoner
    Free Member

Shitting hell. I’ve lost the last 20 hrs in a blur of snatched sleep, Paracetamol, pain and hallucinations of leprechauns.

Oddly still no fever or sweats. Am disappointed my body isn’t taking this seriously enough.

Even Mrs Stoner has begun to concede I might not be long for this world, but also thinks I’m just trying to get out of getting her a birthday present.

RustySpanner

…..but also thinks I’m just trying to get out of getting her a birthday present.

The truth emerges.

And to think I said a Novena for you last night as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Sandwich

Has Mrs Stoner started measuring for a new patio?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Has Mrs Stoner started measuring for a new patio?

That was my thought when he mentioned she was bringing ‘Lemsip’ to him. Hard to tell what is *actually* in there due to the manky taste….

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Got it on 24th Jan probably hit 2/10 on the **** scale for a week 6th Feb hit 6/10 and today probably 8/10 not been near bike since , doc said 2 but more likely 3 weeks for it to pass from onset and that`s looking about right, going to have a pootle Saturday weather permitting. Get well soon.

Stoner
    Free Member

the things you think of in a delerious state:

1) why have no* animals evolved the ability to see infrared light? Surely any nocturnal animal would have a serious advantage if they could process both visible and longer wavelengths? Or would they just be blind in daylight?

*Im guessing here, but I didnt think there were any. Although there are insects that can “see” UV.

2) why does 12 bar blues ake so much musical sense? Is it just to the western ear, or does it makes as much sense to different musical cultures like mid-east, african or asian?

3) why does bending my wrists so folding down my hands, tucking them close into my body like a little T-Rex feel comforting when I have the shivers and am trying to warm up under the covers?

nickc

I’m joining the malingerers, spent last night throwing my guts in to the toilet, dry heaves for hours afterwards. I’m blaming stoner

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers Smith. Sunday symptoms, mon-weds bolloxed, today Im improved a notch, looks like it will take me a week to get back to something functional.

nickc – sounds lovely. But Ive warned you about my cooking.

Moses

The last few times I was feverish & delirious my brain dragged up some wonderful early erotic memories that had somehow been lost in the mists of time. So it wasn’t all bad.

Stoner:
    1. Some snakes have heat-detecting 3rd eyes or pits for detecting prey. I * seem to remember that IR has too long a wavelength for mammalian eyes. However bees and other insects can see UV, not that that’s relevant.

2. Dunno

3. It’s getting toward the foetal position & minimises heat loss, I reckon. Get well soon

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve been on/ off ill since Xma

Ditto. I had a nasty virus christmas day. Been out of action for weeks now then i got post viral fatigue which has been really,really nasty. The fatigue feeling finally went on monday but still feel really weak and i’ve lost 4kg!! i now weigh 64kg which isn’t good for my build

nickc

1. don’t need to, cats eyes have loads and loads of rods that effectively enable them to see in the dark anyway, they don’t seem to having a difficult time finding prey. No evolutionary pressure..no development

2.It’s the chord progression (I-IV-V), sounds “right” to our ears.

3. yeah, foetal.

igm

2) why does 12 bar blues ake so much musical sense? Is it just to the western ear, or does it makes as much sense to different musical cultures like mid-east, african or asian?

Got tickets for ZZ Top this summer. Is that TBBlues or Texas Strut or something else?

willard

1) Piranha do have IR sensitive eyes (to some extent) and use that capability to hunt through the murkier waters that they frequent in South America.

2) Dunno. It’s all good though

3) Recovery position is where it’s at, just in case you do pass out.

Yak

@Frankenstein – I’ve had it. Bloody awful. I couldn’t stand to be indoors. Being out was a world of relief compared to being constrained in rooms with flat walls. Screens as well – unbearable.

But the positive was that riding was the first thing to come back to normal, moreso than walking. So forget walking and falling over – get back on your bike 🙂

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Will try that Yak!

Probably not clipped in though 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else bed-bound and circling the plughole?’ is closed to new replies.