Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone else…..?
  • binners

Going out for a blast at lunchtime on their brand new bike? I rode it into work this morning. Its luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurverly. I’m presently watching all the clouds disappear outside. Clear blue skies and everyfink

2 hours and counting…..

😀

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Nope quick run along the Embankment from Cannon Street for me, cross over Westmister Bridge up to MI6 and back. About 6 miles in 45 odd mins. Looking forward to it, in about an hours time.

Anyway hope you have fun, whats your new bike and we need a pic

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nope. Sorry.

But what you got fella??

Pics man, Pics….

binners

I’ve got an Orange P7. The steel hardtail shaped hole in my life has been plugged.

The suns out now. Its bloody lovely out there. I’ve spotted some cheeky singletrack near the office, so I’m off exploring. If it takes me where I think it does then I’ll have a nice decsent to finish on. I’ll get some pics 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cool..

So when you wanna come over and I’ll show you Delamere?

binners

We’ll definitely be over soon fella. Not ridden over there for ages

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Look forward to it.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Good choice. Pictures needed.

wors

**** off

binners

Check out me lunchtime jaunt! The footpath singletrack delivered what I suspected was hidden in there. Though an interestig combination of slippy-slidy mud and still-loitering, compacted, frozen snow. Good fun for a lunchtime though

Cheeky royton singletrack

😀

Ro5ey
    Free Member

How was the ride on the new bike?

On my way back past Big Ben I saw a Columbian Cycle team. I asked them if they were training for the Olympics, which they were, and wished them good luck.

I like my lunch time runs in London town, I often see cool stuff.

binners

Nice little run out that Ro5ey. It looks like there’s plenty of stuff to play on, within reach at a lunchtime. Its going to bloody great fun when/if everything dries out 😀

PJM1974
    Free Member

Nice one binners.

I’ve just bought a Pure 7 frame and built it up a couple of weeks ago, now it’s the only bike I want to ride.

It’s mainly been used for commutes since I built it though, which is a great shame but it can’t fail to put a grin on my face.

wors

What length forks are those Binners? Looks nice.

You’ll be selling your Intense soon then will you??

binners

Forks are 130mm Tora’s Wors. The Intense hasn’t even been cleaned since the brewery ride the other week, so its feeling unloved at the moment.

It’ll still get used. Horses for courses innit? I think they can co-exist peacefully together.

PJM1974 – I’ve just got rid of the road bike to make room for the Orange. So its on Commuter duties too. I was going to get a spare set of slick-shod wheels, but given what I’ve just discovered at lunchtime…. maybe not 😀

langylad
    Free Member

Funnily enough yes. Just taken my newly acquired (off here) whyte carbon e120 xt for a 1 hour spin over Whalley nab, quite astounding. Been up and down things iv’e never managed before. My wife is in the spare room tonight!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I run mine with Pike Air U-Turns and Kenda SB8s. Dropping the travel to 110mm helps the climbing no end and with 60psi in the tyres I have little difficulty keeping up with the skinny tyred commuters.

The fact that all I need to do to turn it back into a proper trail bike is to release a little pressure from the tyres and wind out the travel a tad is a definite plus in my book.

My Wolf Ridge and Enduro haven’t had a look in lately!

langylad
    Free Member

PJ, bit muddy round here at the moment for those tyres, I have taken some Conti Mountain Kings off for something a little more robust. Also would be interested to know what you use (if anything), to protect the carbon

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else…..?’ is closed to new replies.