Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone eagerly anticipating these most anticipated products?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Not really very inspiring…

http://road.cc/content/feature/200246-6-most-anticipated-products-2017

Shimano power meter “could potentially shake up the power meter market quite a bit.” Unless the price is radical, which it won’t be, I don’t see how yet another new PM will shake a crowded market.

FSA groupset. Meh.

Campag discs. More meh. Quite fugly too. Been done by everyone else already too.

eTap discs. Even more meh.

Specialized combines aerodynamics and disc brakes… to successfully create what might be the ugliest road bike (a lot of) money can buy.

The rise of 650b road plus bikes… a niche within a niche within a niche.

fasthaggis

Nothing on that list excites me 🙁

I like some of the bikes and ideas in the Gearbox drive train thread

aP
    Free Member

Agreed, although the upcoming eTap HydroHC groupset and/ or launch of Campag EPS/ Hydro will be the point at which I’ll be considering retiring my 11 year old Merlin CR and getting a new disc’d road bike.

thepodge
    Free Member

There was talk that the FSA groupset would be opensource so you could mix and match shifting and braking manufactures. Could also mean more competition as someone like Hope could start producing road brakes and shifters while letting FSA do the mechs.

dovebiker

650b road/gravel bikes? Gimme the rolling resistance benefits of bigger wheels unless your less than 5ft tall?

Power meters? Just-give gives something else for the Strava-bores to talk about.

Campagnolo discs? Built a Campagnolo-drivetrain disc bike in 2002 – next!

Just shows that those in the industry paid to come up with imaginative ideas have run out of imagination.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The FSA is interesting, if only for the challenge it will present to SRAM and Shimano. Campagnolo are increasingly looking like becoming a bit part player in the market.

Northwind

Last road.cc story I noticed was about “hybrid 2.0”. Apparently fast hybrids with discs are a dazzling, gamechanging breakthrough for 2017. But even that article was barely any wankier than this one.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

There are biking websites besides STW?

oldnpastit

What is the point of 650b road bike wheels, that’s insane! My 700c/23mm road bikes quite happily cope with “smoother dirt tracks and paths like canal towpaths or fire roads”.

mrblobby
    Free Member

More of the same here for “the best tech innovations” at the Olympics… mostly paint jobs!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/the-best-tech-innovations-on-show-at-the-rio-olympic-games/

Felt track bike probably the only real interesting one there with its asymmetric aerofoils and LHS drivetrain.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

For Me the only bit of excitement there is the powermeter, but as fasthaggis points out, the price needs to be revolutionary.

I have a Stages on my road-bike, but can’t justify the cost of putting one on my two other bikes, these things are way overpriced for what they are.

This is one area I would love to see invaded by Chinese copies.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone eagerly anticipating these most anticipated products?’ is closed to new replies.