Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone driven and / or owned a Passat TDI 4motion (estate)
  • colwyn58
    Free Member

As above thinking of getting one of these – due to a move to more mountainous climes there’s a desire for a 4WD but things like the Audi’s (Allroad, Quattro etc…) seem to drink diesel like it’s going out of fashion.

The MPG on these seems pretty decent and a good size estate for lugging stuff but was wondering if anyone has any experiences / horror stories etc…?! Seems the older 1.9TDI ones can be got for sensible money but the newer 2.0TDI’s are harder to come by.

Also considering the Octavia 4×4 but believe they are more Focus / Golf size so a little on the small side.

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks in anticipation.

lodious
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at exactly this, the A6 is only available with the 3.0 in quatto form, there are some deals about for the outgoing model, but it’s still pretty expensive. I think it should do mid/high 30’s for economy.

I had a look at the Octavia and the Superb yesterday, the Octavia is still quite a big car. The Superb is massive, looks like a lot of car for the money.

My Mrs has a Tiguan 140 w/four wheel drive, and it get’s mid 40’s (mpg). The four wheel drive is fantastic in the snow/wet. I really want my next car to have it, but it does limit your car choice a lot.

colwyn58
    Free Member

mmm – interesting, did you have a look at the Octavia Scout at all?

lodious
    Free Member

Yes, I did. It looked good, the boot was a decent size (it looked a lot bigger than a golf / focus, although it was an estate), suspension is jacked up a bit. I have to say, the interiors are a bit uninspired (IMHO), but it’s a lot of car for the money.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone driven and / or owned a Passat TDI 4motion (estate)’ is closed to new replies.