Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Anyone Drive a Classic Mini
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

our 1964 1275S, fresh from the restorers. though not for driving anymore

What’s the point of having it then! It’s a car, not a painting

RichieBoy
    Free Member

I’ve had 3…..

This one: selling up cos i cant afford to finish it
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290647087789?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

My old ones:

munkster
    Free Member

scaredypants

chronic trailing throttle oversteer

ah, happy days nights
    we “all” had em when I was younger (still got the number plate from my 1st one ( 🙁 – wasn’t the oversteer really, more the black ice that killed it – well, that and the lamppost)

toppers3933
    Free Member

mines a 1979 special. the shell is solid but a little rough around the edges. been fitted with a multipoint cage, bucket seats and harnesses, cad brakes on 10″revolutions, minifins on the rear, MED built 1380 engine (wedged, bladed cross drilled crank, lightened and balanced s rods, forged pistons, 286 cam, which we may be changing to the 930 cam), ported and flowed large bore head, hif44 flowed carb (replaces the weber 45 dcoe that was ace but NOISY), straight cut gears, straight cut drops, super light flywheel and clutch, digidash, aldon dizzy but currently being converted to a distributor-less mappable ignition system. its always been extremely quick. about to get a little bit smoother. i love it.
    need to find a decent set of rollers in the leicester area to get it set up once the ignitions sorted. no pics I’m afraid. i don’t like the cage or harnesses particularly but they were in it when i got it and can’t be bothered to remove it as part of it is welded in!

Klunk
    Free Member

What’s the point of having it then! It’s a car, not a painting

it’s for shows and meets, and then it will be sold as I can’t afford to run it and keep pristine.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Drive a Classic Mini’ is closed to new replies.