Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone done the Wales Sportive?
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

I’m toying with doing this ride with a couple of mates,anyone done it? Is it hard?
    One of them is doing the 40 miler,the other the 70 miler,so I’m torn between the two.
    I’ve never done a sportive, but read all about them on different forums, just wondered if anyone had done this actual one and had any advice.
    I know its not the same, but the last time I rode in Pembrokeshire,albeit touring, the hills nearly killed me 😳

houndlegs
    Free Member

Anyone on the evening shift ?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Rode the Dragon Ride wales sportive a few years ago. I was riding a triple ring set up which I was really glad of, my mate on his double was in tatters on some of the climbs. Great ride with great atmosphere though.

houndlegs
    Free Member

I think that’s a different ride, the Wales Sportive is part of The Long Course weekend in Tenby.

Suggsey
    Free Member

If you are fit and can climb do the long one, the time they allow is plenty long enough if you are capable of doing that mileage on the flat!

houndlegs
    Free Member

Aye,cheers suggsey,I’ll give it a whirl and see how it goes.

kennyp
    Free Member

I’ve done it. It’s not too tough really. There’s one hill near the end that you do twice that’s a bit of a killer, but overall it’s okay. Nowhere near as hard as the Dragon Ride.

Nice bit of the country too. I only did it (and the Dragon) as we have friends down that way. Glad I did though. Good event.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done the Wales Sportive?’ is closed to new replies.