Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone done the Trans Savoie
  • nickc

how did you find it? was it harder/easier than you expected? good value? would you do it again?

I want to do one of these Trans Provence or Savoie events, they look amazing, but I don’t know whether I’m kidding myself I can do them? Possible for regular riders?

tang
    Free Member

My mate won it last year, he loved it(3rd in TP this year). Big days that are demanding!

mactheknife

Done both the Trans Savoie and Trans provence. Dont put yourself off thinking that you cannot do them. If you have done a few enduro type events and are hapoy with the crazyness that is blind racing then go for it. Some people go with the attitude of enjoying the experience and getting through the week. Although they are billed as amazing races the thing i took from them was spending time in the mountains with really good people who loved to ride their bikes as much as me.

6 days does take its toll though, but finishing trans provence near the beach in menton with a bunch of guys i had been riding with that week was a very special feeling,

Go for it, but do prepare. Get mountain fit, make sure you are happy with blind racing on some pretty mental trails and most of all enjoy the experience.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Trans Savoie and Trans Provence are both on my bucket list 🙂

Mbnut
    Free Member

I did the Enduro2 event a couple of weekends back. Same guys as the Trans Savoie
    but just 2 1/2 days.

It was both tough and great fun.

The trails were some that would be used on the Savoie, great trails that I had ridden before with mates but to ‘race’ them adds another dimension.

Overall, a brilliant event ran by a great team. Fantastic trails that challenge and excite.

As mentioned, don’t just rock up…. get fit and make sure your bike is in good order…. any weakness is very quickly found out.

I am now determined to do the Trans next year.

PS I am a pretty normal rider… mid table in UK Enduro type events.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done the Trans Savoie’ is closed to new replies.