Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone done the Scott mtb marathon races?
  • breninbeener

Im after a little more info about what the races are like. The website lists distances and dates and ehsts available at the venues etc, but im after a rider’s perspective……so i can decide if it may be suitable for an active 50yr old mtb rider…..

thanks

Ian

trailhound101

I did three last year and throuroughly enjoyed each one (I’m well over 50 btw). Book on the longest (75km) and if you don’t make the time for the cut-off, just do the mid distance (50km) – still a big day out. The event has a nice family feel to it, the courses are well marked and marshalled and its an opportunity to ride some stuff that you wouldn’t normally be able to do legally. Sure there are some super fit and fast young folks who fly off at the start but I’m happy with my performance in the Super vets – a great day out.

drofluf
    Free Member

I was supposed to but had to drop out because of work. However a lot of friends did complete it and had a great day.

Trimix
    Free Member

I did the 50km one and it was well organised. Decent course for a race with lots of riders.

It wasn’t a technically demanding course and not “racy”, everyone was having fun and most were just riding their bikes. Faster riders politely overtook me. Those I rode along with were full of bike banter. Decent mix of types of rider / bikes.

All in all a good day out.

I did the one near Wantage, up on the downs. Some mates of mine did the 75km route and said the extra bit was a bit too much road and next time would stick to the 50. There were tiny bits of small back lanes, but mostly good double track and the odd bit of single track.

breninbeener

Thanks, this sounds just like what i wanted to hear!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone done the Scott mtb marathon races?’ is closed to new replies.