• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ton.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone done the Palma to Soller train trip?
  • zippykona

Is there easy parking near Palma station? So far every Majorcan city I’ve entered has been a navigational nightmare.
    They obviously spunked away all the money they had for sign posting on something more interesting.

Andy_B

I think if you follow the line out you should find somewhere to park on a sidestreet but I would do everything I could to avoid driving there. Parking in Palma is generally a real pain. Note also that the Soller line is slightly removed from the main station.

hora
    Free Member

In parts Palma is abit of a one way nightmare and they do hand out parking tickets. From what I’ve heard though it’s well worth it.

julians
    Free Member

There’s an underground car park (plaza d’espana) just near the station,so parking is no problem,contrary to posters above

zippykona

All I can find online is that the car park is near the station having ^^^^somewhere to head to is a life saver. Thanks..

julians
    Free Member

Just head for the plaza d’espana underground car park. There’s a set of steps leading out of the car park to very nearly right next to the station.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Unless you’re staying in Palma you’d be better off catching the train futher along the line – at Bunyola. THe first part is a bit dull, it’s the last part over the hills which is great.

It’s also much cheaper with easier parking too.

THen get the tram down to Port de Soller – they use restored San Francisco street cars which were originally built in England.

zippykona

Car parked and on the train! Easy navigation thanks to my phone ,lucky we weren’t relying on sign posting!
    Just glad we knew where we were heading.

ton

stayed in palma for a week last october, nearly over the road from the train station. parking place in right next to the station.

and the train to soller is fantastic. ace views, very relaxing, soller is nice to wonder round too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done the Palma to Soller train trip?’ is closed to new replies.