Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone done milton keynes ride it
  • peasant
    Free Member

Evans doing MK ride-it this weekend and was wondering if anyone has entered before,I ride around woburn etc and would like to know if it is worth the £12.50 ,I did phone evans and they didn,t know a lot as it is not organised from mk store ,is my 140mm travel bike overkill for this sort of thing ?any advise appreciated

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple of Ride-It events, although not the one from Milton Keynes.

It will pretty much all be on bridleways and byways and the odd bit of road to link it up. So if you’ve got some pretty gnarly bridleways round there, then 140mm of travel will be great, and if not, it will be overkill.

On the other hand, if you like riding that bike, you’ll have fun on it anyway, so why not?

flap_jack
    Free Member

They can only use bridleways so not techy at all. Last one I did (2009) was a long schlep out towards Bedford and back. I did enjoy it as a nice ride in the countryside, but you could have done it on a CXer.

timmys

If your idea of a good time at Woburn is riding along the bridleways watching the lovely singletrack pass you by then go for it! As stated above they can’t use the singletrack as they don’t purchase permits for the riders.

I did a Ride It a few years ago (Herts? – started in Brookmans Park), was kinda fun but again just bridleways.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done milton keynes ride it’ is closed to new replies.